Advice on itelite booster on a p3s

Fat Shark FPV Goggles with PS3

If I purchase Litchi, would I be able to use something like the Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles with P3S?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Fat Shark FPV Goggles with PS3

If I purchase Litchi, would I be able to use something like the Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles with P3S?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

No to fly the standard in vr you just use cheap vr headsets as there isn't a cable connection for the video feed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Remember with any antenna mod that the location your flying will have the greatest affect on the distance you can achieve. I have the argtek and if I fly in an area with no obstructions can go 2 miles but in an area with trees and such blocking I can't get anywhere near that.all of these antenna mods will only give you the best results in unpopulated areas as obstacles will interfere with any antenna

Yea I'm starting to think that I'm not looking to get 3 mIles I want half mile consistent with trees

Yea I'm starting to think that I'm not looking to get 3 mIles I want half mile consistent with trees

I'm not sure you'll get it with a standard or any other drone. I've ask that question in the pro thread about distances with the pro or advanced and can only get the response that trees affect distance on all of them. Kinda got me wondering if I should get a pro or just keeep what I've got if the range isn't any better in areas with trees in the way

Remember with any antenna mod that the location your flying will have the greatest affect on the distance you can achieve. I have the argtek and if I fly in an area with no obstructions can go 2 miles but in an area with trees and such blocking I can't get anywhere near that.all of these antenna mods will only give you the best results in unpopulated areas as obstacles will interfere with any antenna

I'm trying to buy anot her remote and put that itelite on it and test them out

Reactions: xxxntwv
I'm trying to buy anot her remote and put that itelite on it and test them out
*This ^^^ I wish this was better understood. Whenever I see a claim of improved distance I am always skeptical because so many variables are uncontrolled. But the biggest variable by far is the terrain and flight profile with respect to trees and ground clutter. When I see a claim of 15000 ft distance, I usually find someone flying from high terrain over a valley, or a slightly elevated beach over open water, with very clear radio line of sight between RC and AC. But those very same high performance antennas and amps wouldn't even make it two blocks through the dense tall trees in my neighborhood. I generally have to fly straight up out of a cul-de-sac, about two hundred feet in altitude to safely clear the old growth forest that with its 145 ft canopy. I feel lucky to get 600 ft distance to make it to the next cul-de-sac. With the rollings hills on top of that, it is just not a good environment for microwave datalinks, particularly at 5.8 GHz.

But I do understand that the only way to make a valid test is to try to eliminate cultural clutter and trees from the test environment. I'm not criticizing those that report their test results this way. Otherwise we'd never be able to compare one system to another. But new users should understand, that those distances are best cases, and real world distances in normal flying could be far less, mostly depending on the propagation path. Keep in mind, the total propagation path loss between antennas can be anywhere from 40 db to 250 db, depending on the path distance, and clutter. So a few extra db of antenna gain on each end can make a big difference in distance on a clear path, but would be not even close to overcoming the big path loss numbers you'll find in a very cluttered path.

*This ^^^ I wish this was better understood. Whenever I see a claim of improved distance I am always skeptical because so many variables are uncontrolled. But the biggest variable by far is the terrain and flight profile with respect to trees and ground clutter. When I see a claim of 15000 ft distance, I usually find someone flying from high terrain over a valley, or a slightly elevated beach over open water, with very clear radio line of sight between RC and AC. But those very same high performance antennas and amps wouldn't even make it two blocks through the dense tall trees in my neighborhood. I generally have to fly straight up out of a cul-de-sac, about two hundred feet in altitude to safely clear the old growth forest that with its 145 ft canopy. I feel lucky to get 600 ft distance to make it to the next cul-de-sac. With the rollings hills on top of that, it is just not a good environment for microwave datalinks, particularly at 5.8 GHz.

But I do understand that the only way to make a valid test is to try to eliminate cultural clutter and trees from the test environment. I'm not criticizing those that report their test results this way. Otherwise we'd never be able to compare one system to another. But new users should understand, that those distances are best cases, and real world distances in normal flying could be far less, mostly depending on the propagation path. Keep in mind, the total propagation path loss between antennas can be anywhere from 40 db to 250 db, depending on the path distance, and clutter. So a few extra db of antenna gain on each end can make a big difference in distance on a clear path, but would be not even close to overcoming the big path loss numbers you'll find in a very cluttered path.

This is why most people are disappointed in the aftermarket antenna systems. In cluttered areas I don't think mine has much more distance than the stock antenna but in open terrain I see huge gains

Reactions: SkyHog
This is why most people are disappointed in the aftermarket antenna systems. In cluttered areas I don't think mine has much more distance than the stock antenna but in open terrain I see huge gains

I agree . That' is nice at times but I want more close around clutter or trees

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164