Advanced vs Professional

Keep in mind that there is a difference in charges as well. I brought this up while ago and _questioned_ if it would mean the Pro charged twice as fast. This _has not_ been confirmed. As we know, the battery has control over the rate at which is charges. But a good question is.... why the different chargers (esp. if they charged at the same rate)? I'm sure chargers will be sold by DJI in the future so those with Adv P3's should be able to buy the Pro charger. Buy a Pro charger and additional battery later for less then the $250 price difference.

For those stating they would never view their videos in 4K... is it all about how _you_ view your videos or would it also matter how other people see them? In addition, if you have the Pro _you can still take video in 1080_. It's not 4K or nothing.

Just food for thought. At the end of the day one is not "better" then the other. The answer is that one is better _for you_.

What should be included in this thread as well...
What is the best brand oil to use in my vehicle?
Should I have higher insurance limits?

Reactions: bbfpv
I brought this up while ago and _questioned_ if it would mean the Pro charged twice as fast. This _has not_ been confirmed. As we know, the battery has control over the rate at which is charges. But a good question is.... why the different chargers (esp. if they charged at the same rate)?
Blade or Ed said that the PRO charges in about an hour and the ADV will take about 90 minutes

What should be included in this thread as well...
What is the best brand oil to use in my vehicle?
Should I have higher insurance limits?
Whatever oil the manufacturer originally put in it.
Yes.

Something you have to wonder about is replacement price.

We all know the gimbal is fragile and is going to need repaired/replaced on several quads in the future (been there myself) assuming it is the same quality as the V+. I have to think the difference in price on the P3A vs PSP at time of purchase ($250) is lower than the difference in replacement price.

So in a nutshell if it cost $700 for a replacement 1080 camera what is the 4k camera going to cost? Cheaper to buy a new Phantom?

If they were similar in price I think everyone will be replacing with "professional" cameras.

I think I'd rather have an advance then the professional. 259 dollars extra for 4K camera that I'll probably never used because the files are so big they will eat up a 64 gb memory card. The one thing I will miss is the 100 watt charger I guess I will buy an extra battery with the money I save.

dude . have you SEEN any of the P3 4K videos? they are unbelievable. Makes me wish i had sprung the extra cash for the pro.
Check youtube form some examples of 4k, and make sure you change the actual youtube to 4k stream

dude . have you SEEN any of the P3 4K videos? they are unbelievable. Makes me wish i had sprung the extra cash for the pro.
Check youtube form some examples of 4k, and make sure you change the actual youtube to 4k stream

I have 50mbit download and when I switch to 4k on Youtube it just shudders and looks awful. Even when it has a good amount buffered I can never seem to watch one smoothly.

I have 50mbit download and when I switch to 4k on Youtube it just shudders and looks awful. Even when it has a good amount buffered I can never seem to watch one smoothly.

Yeah I just tried to do the same. Using a Surface Pro 3 with an i7 processor and a 50 meg connection. It looks like it's the COMPUTER that can't handle the video though. Youtube gets the data to me in time but the cpu is pegged.

If you want to watch 4k video from Youtube I recommend downloading the actual file - use a site like Keepvid.com, put in the link and download the file, then watch it locally. Works completely smooth on my computer :) Only downside is you won't have audio, but you can just play the original in 720p in the background to get the audio if you really want it.

Yeah I just tried to do the same. Using a Surface Pro 3 with an i7 processor and a 50 meg connection. It looks like it's the COMPUTER that can't handle the video though. Youtube gets the data to me in time but the cpu is pegged.
The reason could be that when streaming video, it's all CPU based but when you play video locally you can use hardware acceleration. This lets you utilize your GPU for what it's good at (ie pushing pixels on the screen) and while the CPU rests. Download the 4k video, play it locally then look at your CPU usage :)

Reactions: davemex
Yea I cant stream any 4k video at 50 meg connection (which test 56M).

The only value I see in 4K FOR ME is higher resolution going into to post.

These are some of the major issu
If you want to watch 4k video from Youtube I recommend downloading the actual file - use a site like Keepvid.com, put in the link and download the file, then watch it locally. Works completely smooth on my computer :) Only downside is you won't have audio, but you can just play the original in 720p in the background to get the audio if you really want it.

Yep this is yet just another reason why I personally went with the Advanced. Don't need the headache and anyone I send the video to via Youtube sure as heck isn't going to go out and download some third party app or site to download the 4k video locally and yeah the audio part solution just adds to the complications.

These are some of the major issu

Yep this is yet just another reason why I personally went with the Advanced. Don't need the headache and anyone I send the video to via Youtube sure as heck isn't going to go out and download some third party app or site to download the 4k video locally and yeah the audio part solution just adds to the complications.
If you upload to Youtube in 4k, anyone you send the video to can watch it in the quality they want since they can choose the resolution :) They don't have to try to play it in 4k :)

If you upload to Youtube in 4k, anyone you send the video to can watch it in the quality they want since they can choose the resolution :) They don't have to try to play it in 4k :)
Well quite! And, the thing is, if your device on which you view a 4K native stream is 4K capable, there is no buffering. That assumes, of course, that you have the download bandwidth to cope.

I hope they are not dumbing down the p3 to make it intentionally inferior to the inspire. I already saw the demo flights, and that's what I expect to get...

Some guy in the Facebook group says he was involved in testing the cameras and that the 4k camera uses a fan for cooling while shooting at 4k and the advanced version doesn't have a fan. If that's true I would expect reduced flight times while shooting at 4k.

Some guy in the Facebook group says he was involved in testing the cameras and that the 4k camera uses a fan for cooling while shooting at 4k and the advanced version doesn't have a fan. If that's true I would expect reduced flight times while shooting at 4k.

Yet another reason I stopped reading anything on Facebook. Look at the camera... where would they fit a fan. Also, there are no vent holes.

I read a post from a guy on Facebook who has a unicorn as a pet. Seems legit.

Seriously, a fan? For digital recording? Have you ever seen a 4k camera with a fan? Come on.

Yet another reason I stopped reading anything on Facebook. Look at the camera... where would they fit a fan. Also, there are no vent holes.

Seriously, a fan? For digital recording? Have you ever seen a 4k camera with a fan? Come on.

I didn't say I believed him but I did see references to a fan in the gimbal base earlier in this thread.

yea, the guy with the unicorn thinks he has the last one. I guess they're hard to find but I've seen many of them....they like to hang out at the end of the rainbow

Last edited:

I thought blade said there is a fan on the processor in the top of the camera unit, the part with the vent holes.

A fan that size will use the same amount of power as a few LEDs. It won't affect flight time in any meaningful way.

In a month or two I will buy the P3A. If I decide I need the 4k camera, I will take my P3A camera off and sell it or keep as a spare, buy the P3P camera, preferably used and at a discount, and put it on.

Like most, I have nothing that can play 4k video right now, and the 4k tvs are going to come down in price dramatically once they are mainstream. Slow motion on a drone video, are you kidding? Most of the videos seem like they are in slow motion already.

If you buy the P3A, it's not like you don't have any options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart