Advanced vs Pro

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my P3 standard for a few weeks now and love it, I went for the standard mainly for the price due to the fact that according to my wife " it's just another fad it won't last".......she's wrong!!! I love these things the one thing I don't love is the limited range and no lightbrigde sooooo now I'm more confident in my flying abilities it's time to step up, so the question is advanced or pro my limited understanding is they are pretty much the same except the camera and really the 2.7 is enough for me....any input welcome thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i went for the advanced which I love however i wish i had went for the pro now given its come down even more in price. Good to have the ability to shoot in 4k

If you have no intentions of using 4K or FPV glasses/goggles, then the P3A would be a better buy for you.

I have a 4k-capable Desktop. I have an Advanced and even on the big 27" screen picture quality looks great.

After having my Advanced and a Standard, I'm actually seeing it the other way. For the type of photos and flying I do, the Standard has done it all with only a few minor issues. I've not had any drop-outs or loss of signal on either in the areas I fly in. That might change when Spring gets here and I'm able to fly at different locations in the Mountains. But so far I'm questioning why I didn't just buy the Standard to begin with....

IMHO, if 4K isn't critical for your the current biggest positive of the Pro is the higher-powered charger.

I have the Pro, and if I had it to do again, I'd get the Advanced.. The upgrade to the Pro just hasn't proven particularly valuable for my needs.

I was the same as you I had the standard, then once I was more confident I upgraded, you can get very good range extenders for the standard, I did and got fantastic range, then I got a good deal on a advance, which I felt as not needing the pro features the advance was the best for me, I'm totally happy with it, I've bought standard parobolic extenders and today had a flight distance just over 20,000 ft, distance, the photo and video is spot on and with a couple of extra batteries I get some great flight time. To some up don't waste the extra money on the pro, that's my advice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dayvee10
Thanks trickys just what range extenders did you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have basic parobolic ones nothing fancy, I maxed out the range today to see just how far before losing signal, I got a staggering 2.95 miles straight out. I've got the video, here is the flight log
54bc93116bfd61840444c4a0a38e5b18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jeganx and dayvee10

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl