Advanced owners - recommend a FPV goggle setup?

Reaction score
Hey all - I agonized about an Advanced vs a a Pro, and finally pulled the trigger on an Advanced since I found it on Ebay for $599 and the closest Microcenter is 4.5 hours away. But my one worry is the Lightbridge speed difference. Others here have said the difference is really only noticeable through FPV goggles, but I've also read that FPV goggles are insanely fun.

So - advanced owners, I'd love to hear what FPV goggle setups have worked for you all. I suppose it doesn't make sense to buy a goggle that outpaces the downlink's capabilities. But if goggles are worth it, I'd like to give it a try!

Many thanks, all.

Reactions: sads45
Headplay HD on my PA has been like you said; insanely fun. My Professional doesn't have the HDMI installed yet. I'm curious to see the difference.

Android phone: buy Litchi app. It supports FPV on Google style VR goggles. Read the reviews - people love it. $30-40 for VR goggles, $20 for Litchi.

iPhone: Buy FPV Camera from iTunes. Make inapp purchase of FPV Goggles app. $10 for apps, $30-40 for VR goggles.

I'm not sure people are real happy with the DJI HDMI solution for P3A. Plus you can only run the DJI app and it may not have complete telemetry.
You might want to try inexpensive solution before spending the big money and getting 1/2 the resolution.

Thanks all - great feedback. Dounin, could you say a bit more? Are all P3A FPV goggle options tied in to the DJI HDMI setup? Sorry to be so clueless - I'm sure it will all make more sense once my bird arrives!

Rock, so glad you're having a great experience! Puts my heart at ease.

Thanks all - great feedback. Dounin, could you say a bit more? Are all P3A FPV goggle options tied in to the DJI HDMI setup? Sorry to be so clueless - I'm sure it will all make more sense once my bird arrives!
HDMI goggles are quite expensive and require a $100 HDMI adapter to be installed on your controller.

The Google style goggles have no electronics inside. You just put your smartphone inside them. The phone is connected to your controller as normal.

For iPhone, run the FPV Camera app that splits the screen into 2 images producing a 3D effect. Your phone is just plugged into the controller as normal. I believe you can actually control your camera tilt with head movement as well. It can look pretty awesome.

I mentioned the Android phone and the Litchi app (which you should get anyway, IMO) that comes with VR goggle capabilities for Android phones. You won't need anything else.

BTW: Litchi claims they are working on and will add a VR addition for iPhones in an update.
In the meantime, get a good hood for your tablet and stay in the shade if you can.
Have fun!

I bought fat shark dominator's. I used the HDMI on my nvidia k1 shield with litchi or dji go. I also now have the dji HDMI and love using the goggles.

Thanks again, guys. Dounin, all makes perfect sense now! Many thanks for clearing all this up. P3A will be here on Wednesday.......I'm 35 years old and I can't recall the last time I was this excited about a toy!!

Thanks again, guys. Dounin, all makes perfect sense now! Many thanks for clearing all this up. P3A will be here on Wednesday.......I'm 35 years old and I can't recall the last time I was this excited about a toy!!
I don't know how experienced you are, but in my case the crash came early on. Please be extra careful and remember a great feature of the Phantom is the way it will hover for you. If you're in trouble just take your thumbs off the controls and it will stop right there and wait for you to figure things out. Read how RTH works. It will come right back to you or just land in place if it's less than 65' away. It's a very reassuring system.
Take it easy.

This is sound advice and I will take it to heart. I can't believe how stable the Phantoms are from everything I've read and watched. I am certainly going to take it easy - from what I can gather, allowing the aircraft to do its job is the most important thing. Just taking it easy and training the weakest part of the system, which in this case is the idiot holding the RC, seems to be the biggest part! Many thanks for all of your help!

Reactions: MasterBlaster
P3a with android litchi app and cheap amazon vr headset $30 working fine for me...got nvidia k1 tablet $200 as phone too hard to see when flying...get batteries x2 or 3...good setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan