Advanced or Pro?

Solly ask the owners of the 2 models to give you the FCC ID numbers of the ACs as well the RCs. I've learned here on the forum what differences are btw models of the same P3A or P3P families. It might be you will buy a better model than what DJI is offering you by their refurbished units (my entire respect for refurbished units, they pass even tougher quality checking than the normal production line provides).

Here are 2 screenshots of short videos made in 1080p 25fps iso400 shutter25 indoor light, with both my old P3A and the newer P3P (both were 2nd hand units at the time I've bought them).
P3A (1080p 25fps iso400 sh25) center.jpg P3P (1080p 25fps iso400 sh25) center.jpg

Just to ammend some info given above: P3A hasn't anymore since FW v1.06.40 (?) just 2 Mbps as video downlink bitrate, but something like 6 Mbps, so if you decide to buy a P3A don't worry the image isn't different than to a P3P.

Solly ask the owners of the 2 models to give you the FCC ID numbers of the ACs as well the RCs. I've learned here on the forum what differences are btw models of the same P3A or P3P families. It might be you will buy a better model than what DJI is offering you by their refurbished units (my entire respect for refurbished units, they pass even tougher quality checking than the normal production line provides).

Here are 2 screenshots of short videos made in 1080p 25fps iso400 shutter25 indoor light, with both my old P3A and the newer P3P (both were 2nd hand units at the time I've bought them).
View attachment 79798 View attachment 79799

Just to ammend some info given above: P3A hasn't anymore since FW v1.06.40 (?) just 2 Mbps as video downlink bitrate, but something like 6 Mbps, so if you decide to buy a P3A don't worry the image isn't different than to a P3P.
That's very helpful info, thanks.
That ebay link is in US. It will still cost me cheaper to buy this from the link even with the freight of $36 as they say. But do you think it's safe to buy it since I'm in Australia? Just worried about waranty etc

After waiting for my P3P gimbal board to be repaired I could see adding the iffy fan/heat sink on the Pro as a possible negative. It has been recommended here that you run a cooling fan on the gimbal while doing downloads and other non flying stuff with the Pro.I have never seen a thread here about Advanced birds losing the video downlink. Seems to be the most common Pro issue.

Last night I asked the ebay poster (regarding the P3P for $549) if the warranty is good in Australia, and I just got a message to say that the warranty is only US warranty, so I won't be buying this.

Yes, I can. If you can't, then it's the problem with your eyes.

@HWCM gave you a common sense opinion, to which I subscribe. You cannot pretend in a shiny sunny day, when the light bursts all over you, that you can make a difference in some small details of a image on a tablet or phone. If you say you have 720p goggles then I could eventually believe you, but since I own a P3A and a P3P I know perfectly well there is no quality difference in the downlinked video btw these 2 models.
More, the video transmission lever position on both P3A & P3P (see the attached pics) has absolutely no influence to the image quality. True, it disturbes the image during its sliding, but after the movement stops the image is exactly the same as before.

video transm slider right.JPG video transm slider left.JPG

@HWCM gave you a common sense opinion, to which I subscribe. You cannot pretend in a shiny sunny day, when the light bursts all over you, that you can make a difference in some small details of a image on a tablet or phone. If you say you have 720p goggles then I could eventually believe you, but since I own a P3A and a P3P I know perfectly well there is no quality difference in the downlinked video btw these 2 models.
More, the video transmission lever position on both P3A & P3P (see the attached pics) has absolutely no influence to the image quality. True, it disturbes the image during its sliding, but after the movement stops the image is exactly the same as before.

View attachment 79856 View attachment 79857

That's what I am implying, when you pan the drone, you can definitely notice more pixellation and blockiness on images with P3A than P3P. Of course when you are just keeping the drone hovering in one place, the difference is only little.

I am not sure the purpose of your two attached photos. Are you trying to show the downlink video bitrate? P3P allows up to maximum 10Mbps. I know you can adjust the slider in P3A but it makes no difference because its video bitrate is fixed at 2Mbps.

I've read from a forum moderator, DJI engineers are rarely present here. It would be nice to ask them if the video feed on a P3P (that people think it's up to 10 Mbps), is further reduced to 2 Mbps and recorded like this in the Go app videoCache.
I've downloaded with iTunes the videoCache folder from the iPad I'm using and both videos that came from P3A or P3P have 2 Mbps.
If the Go app isn't reducing further the video feed bitrate, just for the purpose of the videoCache recordings, then it means actually the bitrate that comes from the AC is 2 Mbps for both P3P & P3A.

Does turning up the bitrate on P3P have any adverse effects, like less distance, or does it drain the batteries faster?

That's what I am implying, when you pan the drone, you can definitely notice more pixellation and blockiness on images with P3A than P3P. Of course when you are just keeping the drone hovering in one place, the difference is only little.

I am not sure the purpose of your two attached photos. Are you trying to show the downlink video bitrate? P3P allows up to maximum 10Mbps. I know you can adjust the slider in P3A but it makes no difference because its video bitrate is fixed at 2Mbps.
Errrr, nope It's higher than that on the P3A since a FW update (can't recall the number now), increased to something like 5 or 6Mbps, Someone will be along soon to confirm....
However, as Quest-So says, both the 3A and P records in the cache at 2Mbps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest-So
Better bitrate yields better display quality but at the cost of possible latency and video breakup

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT