Advanced or Pro?

Reaction score
Debating on getting an advanced or a pro. I can get an Advanced for $700 AUD or $900 for a Pro. Is the extra $200 worth getting the Pro? These are second hand but excellent condition

Thanks

If yiu don't need 4k video go with the advanced. Still images are on par. The lower downlink butrate won't be an issue unless you are fling with FPV goggles.

Thanks mate. Will check it out. I'm still on the fence with the pro vs Advanced. As far as collision avoidance goes, I prefer not to rely on it when I'm flying, but I guess it would be good to have. Might just come in handy one day, although it's only forward sensors right?

No OA sensors on the P3 pro.

You need to go to the P4 for OA. The only advantage to the Pro (in the phantom 3 series) is the availability of 4K video- you can convert an Adv to a Pro simply by fitting a Pro camera and flashing the Pro firmware.

The only advantage to the Pro (in the phantom 3 series) is the availability of 4K video
There are other advantages too.

Like you have said earlier, Pro has higher live video bitrate, up to 10Mbps versus Advanced which is fixed at 2Mbps. I think the higher live video bitrate does help you see the scene clearer during a flight.

Another advantage is Pro comes with faster battery charger.

Oh OK, so the advanced doesn't have 4K camera? It still has the 2.7K like the standard?
Advanced only can shoot up 2.7K/30fps video. You can convert an Advanced to Pro like With The Birds has said by changing the Advanced camera to a Pro camera, but unless you can find a Pro camera at a good price (and it is not cheap when new), it is not worth doing the swap.

Like you have said earlier, Pro has higher live video bitrate, up to 10Mbps versus Advanced which is fixed at 2Mbps. I think the higher live video bitrate does help you see the scene clearer during a flight.

And Pro has gold boom stickers and nameplate... . The slower downlink is more than adequate for flying and framing shots.

OK Solly,suggest you go with 'best' you can afford. This will allow you to 'grow into it' as you get better and start pushing the envelope.

This will allow you to 'grow into it' as you get better and start pushing the envelope.

I already own a standard and absolutely loving it. Would probably just be happy to have the range that the adv/pro have, altough I have managed to get 2000m with the standard. I think I might look for the pro since it also has a 4K camera

You can not notice a difference in the bitrate between the two.

You can not notice a difference in the bitrate between the two.
Of course I can. 10Mbps VS 2Mbps is very noticeable. I own a P3A and I have also flown my friend's P4 (with 10Mbps video downlink), I can definitely notice less pixelation with his live video link.

Reactions: Oso
If it helps Solly. I got an advanced bundle second hand from an pro photographer woth 3 batteries, filters, £120 case all for £530 which is $660. If you're an avid but novice flyer alike me, go for the advanced. you'll still get great shots with it and bar the camera, the pro is no different. The drone to mobile feed is 720p on both drones so what you see on your mobile device won't really differ, just the picture quality is the choice you have to make. Hope this helps. Good luck getting your drone too

Of course I can. 10Mbps VS 2Mbps is very noticeable. I own a P3A and I have also flown my friend's P4 (with 10Mbps video downlink), I can definitely notice less pixelation with his live video link.
No, not really. Not on a small tablet or phone.[emoji6]

I have both, my advice is - depends why you are buying in first place - IF 4K is important to you, then go with pro, otherwise Advanced is just fine. I found that 4K video editing and video space storage are massive by comparison - rarely mentioned in these comparisons. I don't need 4K yet, so almost always used my advanced Phantom over Pro & record in 1080P. Save your money unless it's important you have 4K video and are prepared and have the gear to edit and view it - most don't. Hope this helps

Oh and I see no difference in downlink from either Phantom, both are very good - I use an iPad mini so reasonable screen size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20