Active Track on a moving boat

Reaction score
I tried using Active Track while on a moving boat and my Phantom 4 wouldn't physically follow the boat but stayed in place and kept ascending in order to keep the boat in the frame as we moved. Where did I go wrong? I'm pretty certain our boat wasn't exceeding the Phantom 4's speed limit.

ActiveTrack has 3 modes: Trace, Profile, and Spotlight. Which mode were you using?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That is for P4 Pro apparently.

Once Go word appearing next to the green box, did you tap the Go box to start Active tracking with follow behavior? (2 steps)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
I quite possibly didn't press the GO word when I was in the boat. Thanks.
Now I have a new problem with the P4 in Active Track mode following me while walking. The P4 delays following me then catches up quickly and overruns me, losing tracking.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In each of the three modes (Trace, Profile, Spotlight), your drone will behave differently. The Phantom 4 Pro manual, which is downloadable from the DJI website, on pp. 21-24, covers ActiveTrack (may be a different page for P4). If you don't like reading manuals (a great source of information), you can type "P4 Active Track Modes" on YouTube.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl