Accidentally turned off during update

Reaction score
So here's the deal...I updated to the latest update. Everything works fine as usual. A super awesome Florida sunset pops up
Out of nowhere and I run out side and put in an old sd card on accident that had the previous update on it. The drone started doing its thing and I didn't realize at the time what was up so I shut it off. Now it just beeps over and over. What do I do?

If it were me I would insert the latest update in the root dir of the sd card and let it do it's thing. I am a green horn...but my gut would pull me in that direction.

Your Phantom is probably making a horrible loud beep like a smoke alarm right? Put the SD card back in with the update on it. Turn on the Phantom. It will start beeping extremely loud. Find a box, put phantom in the box in the garage so you don't hear it for the next hour. Let it sit and update. It will fix itself, just be patient. The emergency sound won't stop until it's almost done. Happened to me yesterday.

Reactions: blinkpunk92
just put whatever firmware version u want in sd card and it will upgrade normally no big deal, just make sure dont turn it off until the gimbal LED turn solid green and yr RC it off.

Same thing happened to me I did everything I could with no luck until I did the following.
First format your card in your bird even with the loud beeps then take the card out down load new update and only put on the bin file on the new format card.
Then new battery in bird and install card and turn on the bird. It will take about 15 min then will start to update

Same thing happened to me I did everything I could with no luck until I did the following.
First format your card in your bird even with the loud beeps then take the card out down load new update and only put on the bin file on the new format card.
Then new battery in bird and install card and turn on the bird. It will take about 15 min then will start to update
Awesome man I'll try that tonight

Awesome man I'll try that tonight
mine in law turn his P3P during upgrade to v1.4.0010 and it made loud beeping noise when turn on, so what i told him to do is downgrade to previous version which is 1.3.20. Its will keep making loud noise when turn it on with bin file in sd card but just let it seat come back check later and when the gimbal led turn solid green with deeeeee-de-de sound mean its done and u can turn it off now. Everything working fine for him now, he also upgraded to v1.4.0010 now after test everything working, lesson learned for him.[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Your Phantom is probably making a horrible loud beep like a smoke alarm right? Put the SD card back in with the update on it. Turn on the Phantom. It will start beeping extremely loud. Find a box, put phantom in the box in the garage so you don't hear it for the next hour. Let it sit and update. It will fix itself, just be patient. The emergency sound won't stop until it's almost done. Happened to me yesterday.

This happened to me also. So I left it on overnight with a full battery. This morning I put in a fresh battery and it is still beeping! I have a shoot today. Please help.

Here's the fix: Load an older firmware version, in my case the version just prior to this one wouldn't work and I had to use the version before that one, onto the micro SC card and insert it into the quad and turn it on. Let it go through the update. HOURS!! LEAVE IT ALONE!! Verify the update was a 'success.' THEN delete the older version from the card and copy the latest version onto it. Insert and update, verify 'success.'

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl