A question not about firmware.

Reaction score
Hey gang, Ok Phantom 4.. Standard I guess. I charged my battery last Sunday. Before I went out to fly today I put my battery on the charger to see if it would charge any, like I said it has been a week. I plugged it in and the lights didn't start scrolling so I figured it was still fully charged. So I went out to fly. I flew for a while and landed when it got down to like 15%. So I figured I would just let it sit and idle with the props on and drain it down to 8% but when it hit 9% it shut down on its own. Just sitting, not flying. Now, my question is did this happen due to the battery sitting for a week and then when I flew maybe the calibration of the battery was off? I have the auto discharge set at ten days. Thanks for the help

Not sure if you checked the battery by pressing the button once to give you an idea of the charge status prior to flying but I only use the percentage indication as a guide only and always have the actual voltage display up on the app when I fly. As for running the battery down to 8%, I never go below 20% when I land (usually keep it at around 30%). Much has been written about managing batteries on this forum and With The Birds has some great advice. Your battery percentage may have said 9% but the actual voltage may have reached the critical threshold and simply shut the drone down to protect the battery.

Thanks. Yeah I landed earlier at I think 15% but when it reached 20% I kept it really low and only a few feet away. But when I drained it lower it was just sitting on the hood of my truck idling, with the props on. And yes I had the controller in hand just in case.

Tevek, I agree with flying by batt. voltage (under load) and it's great advice but you cite %s.

Tevek, I agree with flying by batt. voltage (under load) and it's great advice but you cite %s.
Sorry I meant that I only use %s as a guide and eyeball the battery voltage and the timeline at the top of the app as well. Find that more accurate when I'm out at a distance when trying to better my PB.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl