A photo from lost drone

Reaction score
Four successful flights. Flight number 5 first try at return to home. Tried to come down in a tree so I took control for avoidance at about 30 feet away. Right control stick didn't change direction. Green status bar turned yellow and drone was carried away with the wind beyond a tree line. After about a minute there was a verbal message saying it was landing. A photo appeared on my phone screen.
My questions:
- Why would it try to land after it apparently lost touch with the controller? Why was there a message saying it was landing?
- What was the photo all about? Was this the landing site? Is it normal to take a photo of the landing site after loosing contact with the controller?
I have searched for the drone for three days now with no success. Answers to the above questions will help me define my search area.

It tried landing when it lost controller contact because that is what it is designed to do. There are specific settings that can be changed in the app. You can set it to Hover, Land at Home Point, or Land where it is.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Post the log.

which app were you using?

Lots of help here with some info...

It tried landing when it lost controller contact because that is what it is designed to do. There are specific settings that can be changed in the app. You can set it to Hover, Land at Home Point, or Land where it is.
One time when I lost contact it said it was returning to home. I waited and waited but nothing happened so I walked towards where I knew it was. Eventually the app showed a black and white image from the drone but was digitized and the RTH soft button was grayed out but the auto-take off button was highlighted. I kept walking toward the drone pretty sure I'd find it in a tree or something. Later the image from the drone got clear but I kept walking waiting for it to change to full color. After walking nearly to where its last known position I realized I had complete control of it even though the image on the app was black and white and often very digitized. I brought it to me and landed it immediately.

One time when I lost contact it said it was returning to home. I waited and waited but nothing happened so I walked towards where I knew it was. Eventually the app showed a black and white image from the drone but was digitized and the RTH soft button was grayed out but the auto-take off button was highlighted. I kept walking toward the drone pretty sure I'd find it in a tree or something. Later the image from the drone got clear but I kept walking waiting for it to change to full color. After walking nearly to where its last known position I realized I had complete control of it even though the image on the app was black and white and often very digitized. I brought it to me and landed it immediately.

having video link and actual control of drone are not the same.

The RC usually has better range than the video stream link

so when you loss the app etc the phantom is still completely controllable.

good luck and have fun flying!

No - because there's no CSV flight log for us, unfortunately. We do have a nice Litchi log if we fly with the Litchi for P2 app, but it won't work with that link. A Flytrex tracker also provides a nice log, but again, it won't work with that link.

Our DJI Phantom log for the P2 series does not provide any info for the owner. We have to get a log from somewhere else such as Litchi or Flytrex. With a Litchi for P2 log, which is different than the Litchi log everybody else is using, there's no place to view it in the nice way phantomhelp's page is set up. A Flytrex log on the Flytrex site maps out the flight, but it's done automatically and appears on your flytrex account after your flight.

I remember somebody posted something in the P2V or P2V+ forum a while back... maybe last spring? It was a site he created where you could upload your Litchi for P2 log and it would transform into a normal Litchi log which could then be uploaded and viewed on healthy drones. But I never checked it out and nobody else posted in his thread. Maybe you could search for that thread.

Our DJI Phantom log for the P2 series does not provide any info for the owner. We have to get a log from somewhere else such as Litchi or Flytrex. With a Litchi for P2 log, which is different than the Litchi log everybody else is using, there's no place to view it in the nice way phantomhelp's page is set up. A Flytrex log on the Flytrex site maps out the flight, but it's done automatically and appears on your flytrex account after your flight.

I remember somebody posted something in the P2V or P2V+ forum a while back... maybe last spring? It was a site he created where you could upload your Litchi for P2 log and it would transform into a normal Litchi log which could then be uploaded and viewed on healthy drones. But I never checked it out and nobody else posted in his thread. Maybe you could search for that thread.
Thanks a lot I will be searching [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl