A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

Did exactly the same as the man from Boerne, update when fine,except I did not calibrate the gimbal. At about 100 feet is started to rain, I mean RAIN.... Very clean P3

I see people mentioning calibrating the IMU and the gimble. I have no idea how to do either. Are they both Importwnt to do?

Did update... Went fine... Might be a coincidence but now I'm starting to see disconnects... Tried changing the Lightning adapter I'm using hopefully that will make a difference

Is there supposed to be a text file indicating success or failure on the micro sd card after updating the controller?

I updated the P3 Pro, which all went well and left the success text file on the card. I then deleted the text file and updated the controller, which also appears to have worked fine with the correct lights and sounds. However there was no text file left on the sd card this time, and some of the responses here, and some of the tutorial videos, indicate there should have been one.

The P3 and controller are connecting fine and the pilot app is showing all good, but I haven't had a chance for a flight test since the upgrade due to rain.

I'm on a Mac for what it's worth.

Is there supposed to be a text file indicating success or failure on the micro sd card after updating the controller?

I updated the P3 Pro, which all went well and left the success text file on the card. I then deleted the text file and updated the controller, which also appears to have worked fine with the correct lights and sounds. However there was no text file left on the sd card this time, and some of the responses here, and some of the tutorial videos, indicate there should have been one.

The P3 and controller are connecting fine and the pilot app is showing all good, but I haven't had a chance for a flight test since the upgrade due to rain.

I'm on a Mac for what it's worth.
Did you use a jump drive for the controller?

Yip no problems. Didn't do imu or compass
Updated this afternoon. The process worked as indicated in the directions with the exception being that neither the a/c or transmitter updates took near as long as indicated that they might. The a/c update took about 15 minutes. The xmitter update was less than five. Flew following the update and tested as many aspects of the craft as possible. Did not notice any problems. Solid as a rock in 9-11 mph winds. I do like this P3 so far.

To answer my own question from earlier, I did the update with the UAVBits camera guard installed.
For most of the update, the camera sat as shown, maybe 2 mm from the guard.

Maybe one minute before the end of the update, the camera did a weird move, similar to the power-on initialization move, but more aggressive. It DID hit the camera guard, and hung there limp for a few seconds before composing itself. It did not affect the update...it updated just fine.

Conclusion: REMOVE the UAVBits camera guard (and probably other brands too) before doing the update.

Attachments

• 1434419109887.jpg
    1434419109887.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 443
Everything went well..I used the gimbal and USB cord to update controller. had to format the card, redrag the file to ROOT of Micro USB and then do controller. Success with success documents...with exception to a "compass interference" message before the first flight.. Did a Calibration. Then restart. Same message again when I tried to start motors.. THEN 2 seconds later flight status went green, error went away and motors started on there own (by this I mean started 2-4 seconds after I did the start process). I was a little freaked out.. all was green full satellites and flew for 60% of battery around the back yard with perfect, and I mean perfect function. SO i guess all is good?? I was near my house and power lines, so that might have been it. Never went higher than 30 feet.

I did go through and change ALL factory settings back to my settings... I mean ALL went to factory (china map stuff, European stuff back to US, etc.). I did notice, and maybe this isnt new as it was my first gorund landing with the new P3 (always hand caught the P2) that it automatically slowed down the landing when I approached the ground and made it smoother.. Might be normal to P3 just an observation. In addition, the air break appeared to work better than the other 3 flights I have made. But maybe thats just my mind playing tricks on me.

delete everything on the card ... reinstall the update on the card and try again. I used a usb jump drive and did not connect mine to the P3P. Yes, I got a separate "success log"

OK, tried all that, and the remote doesn't do anything when switched on with the jump drive inserted (with fresh .bin file). All other indications are that the update has taken OK, so I'll just have to wait and see when I get a chance to fly it next.

Thanks.

Reactions: rhoffart
To answer my own question from earlier, I did the update with the UAVBits camera guard installed.
For most of the update, the camera sat as shown, maybe 2 mm from the guard.

Maybe one minute before the end of the update, the camera did a weird move, similar to the power-on initialization move, but more aggressive. It DID hit the camera guard, and hung there limp for a few seconds before composing itself. It did not affect the update...it updated just fine.

Conclusion: REMOVE the UAVBits camera guard (and probably other brands too) before doing the update.
Yes, I would agree ... remove the gimbal guard. I did it with the guard removed and several times during the update the camera did a dance.

Did the update for the aircraft and the controller. Both log files say success. Aircraft took 20 minutes. Remote controller took only like 3 minutes. Verified that the DJI Pilot app confirms the update. Now I just need to wait to fly to test it.

Phantom and Remote updated with no problems.
Recalibrated everything.
Reset my custom settings and tweaks
Tested.... perfect flight.
....exhale.

Phantom and Remote updated with no problems.
Recalibrated everything.
Reset my custom settings and tweaks
Tested.... perfect flight.
....exhale.
how was the video transmission? Did you get any lag in the video feed? Some are getting it and some aren't…I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet because I am working but I have the Nvidia Shield and was getting lag with 1.1.9…hoping this fixes the lag because I didn't have it with 1.1.8

Got exactly the same problem. What to do now? Doesn't matter if sd card is inserted or not. P3 only beeps without any lights.
After it beep you should look at the front SD Card Light , if it goes RED and GREEN than it is nomally upgrading and if not than call DJI . If I were you I will leave it on until it stop by itself!

Re: "Has anyone done the update?" ... Here is my post FW update post flight comment. Absolutely ZERO problems .. checked ALL axis controls all AOK, RTH AOK, and ... the latest FW update seems to have corrected the tiny amount of fisheye effect that was still apparent with horizons in the upper picture frame. With MY unit, no apparent change with picture lag .. I was only experiencing a tiny amount previously (not bothersome at all) and it has gotten neither better or worse. iPad mini 2 wifi version. Hope this helps.

Not trying to be a **** here but the PDF attachment that is included with the firmware tells you exactly how to do this. It worked perfectly for me on my P3A. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet but since it doesn't say anything about having to re calibrating it I'm going to leave it as it is and see how it works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing