9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with Yellow Stripes)

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering what are the differences between the 9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with Yellow Stripes) and the propellers that come stock with the phantom 3, (besides color). Also, does it come with a full set of propellers (the picture only shows 2) Thank you.

does it come with a full set of propellers (the picture only shows 2)
There are only two props per package. The package includes one CW prop and one CCW prop.

The performance is not big different and hard to see. By the way, the Carbon Fiber Reinforced prop is stronger and more durable than pure plastic prop.

I d better buy an option to reset firmware. Reinforced Carbon Fiber Pro. Props - sounds sooooo marketing

I have found that the regular props supplied with the Phantom do a pretty good job of trimming the grape vine in my back yard - they also took a chunk out of my leg after I managed to land it upside down (my second flight) and forgot to turn it off before picking it up.

Make sure you balance your new and DJI props when you get them. The ones I bought were way off. Once balanced they are great. I just take off a slight bit of the trailing edge to get balanced. The Du-Bro prop balancer is the one I use. I did need to 3d print an adaptor for the DJI props. It can be found on thingiverse. I printed it from PET. It won't shrink when printed like ABS.

Just got my new props in. Installed without any balancing and they worked flawlessly. I need to get a balancer. I'm sure they might need a little tweaking to make them even better. What I did find with these was that they were a little quieter than standard blades and they allow me to fly faster up wind. Normally when the wind is blowing as it was today, I'd get somewhere between 16-18 mph. Today I got 23mph upwind and downwind I hit 43mph. They are very stable and very happy with my purchase. Also they shipped very quickly. I just ordered them a couple weeks ago and they arrived this morning. On their website it looked like it would be August before I'd see them. Great surprise.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
I would not use CF props on my quad personally. The stock plastic props have an amazing ability to open up your integumentary system, or that of a bystander. I can very easily see where CF could amputate a finger. I enjoy my digits, and those of my fellow humans, right where they are thankyouverymuch.

Have taken the CF props on 3 commercial flights this week in gusting winds and found them more stable even in ATTI. So far Sweet, but honestly who sell props in 2's for a quad? :rolleyes:

10flights with CF prop so far. Can't tell any difference from the stock 9450. But then....I haven't done any scientific test....

Ran my DJI versions for the first time yesterday and they are fine. They are actually slightly lighter than the stock white plastic props (fraction of a gram). And I feel like they are quieter as well. Haven't scientifically tested that though.

A bit less noise though probably just because they sound a little different........It's maybe a more narrow bandwidth of noise. Some increased stability in higher wind. Not horribly expensive. I never fly near people so I don't worry too much about them cutting anyone.

Reactions: acherman
I'm curious how a prop can be made to run quieter. Yuneec said they designed their Q500 prop specifically to be quiet, and it is. It's about half as loud as my P3P. Maybe the larger blades helps, but it's incredible how quiet my Q500 is. If someone could design a quieter prop for the Phantom I think they would sell a lot of them. I think it's possible to create a quieter prop, and the potential market is big enough to warrant the effort. I'd pay double for a quieter prop like the Q500, if it's possible.

Last edited:
Make sure you balance your new and DJI props when you get them. The ones I bought were way off. Once balanced they are great. I just take off a slight bit of the trailing edge to get balanced. The Du-Bro prop balancer is the one I use. I did need to 3d print an adaptor for the DJI props. It can be found on thingiverse. I printed it from PET. It won't shrink when printed like ABS.
What adapter did you need to make? Picture?

I bought an accessory $15 balance shaft for my Dubro balancer that fits Phantom props. My first set off props were not very bad, only slightly out of balance. All 4 needed slight adjustments, only two needed the hub adjusted with fingernail polish added. When all done I couldn't feel any improvement in vibration by touch when hand retrieving. That's not a scientific way too measure before and after, granted. However the changes in balance were so small that I really didn't expect much.

DJI Balancing Prop Rod Phantom 2, Phantom 3, RC Killer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0110FQ0L6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6kZ4vb4KHDCPG

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl