7th Channel activation

I’m not an electrical tech man, so please bear with me. After looking on the internet about using the 7th channel and how easy it was to connect too and use. So I purchased the lever and connecting rod for the 7th channel and fitted into my on my controller. Once fitted nothing happened! I took the back off the controller and turned the plastic screw head on the 7th Channel, again nothing happened.

Is there something else I should have done or is my 7th channel capacitor or whatever it is duff. Please need help

Or will the upgrade cure my problem.

Thanks

Geert, thank you for your many helpful posts on this topic.

I have a P2V, and I don't use the DJI FC200 Camera or the DJI App. (I have a POV setup with a monitor and iOSDmini)

I am presently running the current firmware, and I am about to add a potentiometer to my Tx and activate the 7th channel to control the camera tilt (I am using a goodluckbuy gimbal / gopro H3+)

What I *think* I understand now, is that, as long as I am not running the DJI smartphone app, I can activate the 7th channel, and it will stay working?

I have all of the stuff needed to add the potentiometer to my Tx, but I don't want to go to all the trouble, if it's not going to work until there is a firmware fix (?)

I was planning to use the procedure below, to activate the 7th channel.

Thanks
Rob

1 dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar
(Download and unzip)
2 connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
3 start the unzipped tool you just downloaded.
4 check mark the H3 2d box ( not the vision one)
5 close tool
6 start the Naza DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_1.08
7 x1 calibrate and you're done

Flyer2 said:
erkq said:
Flyer2 said:
Same thing happened to me when I upgraded beyond 3, so I reinstalled 2 and got it to work again. I guess I will just have to wait until a fix is posted. :?:

Where would a new owner of a Vision + get version 2? And what bad/dangerous things come along with version 2? Is it worth it?
They took down that version2 firmware now, so you can not go back to it.

http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

Geert said:
rwhite692 said:
Geert, thank you for your many helpful posts on this topic.

I have a P2V, and I don't use the DJI FC200 Camera or the DJI App. (I have a POV setup with a monitor and iOSDmini)

I am presently running the current firmware, and I am about to add a potentiometer to my Tx and activate the 7th channel to control the camera tilt (I am using a goodluckbuy gimbal / gopro H3+)

What I *think* I understand now, is that, as long as I am not running the DJI smartphone app, I can activate the 7th channel, and it will stay working?

I have all of the stuff needed to add the potentiometer to my Tx, but I don't want to go to all the trouble, if it's not going to work until there is a firmware fix (?)

I was planning to use the procedure below, to activate the 7th channel.

Thanks
Rob

1 dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar
(Download and unzip)
2 connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
3 start the unzipped tool you just downloaded.
4 check mark the H3 2d box ( not the vision one)
5 close tool
6 start the Naza DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_1.08
7 x1 calibrate and you're done

It will work after step 7 but as soon as you power cycle your Phantom, the check mark is gone. That means that I won't work anymore until you run the program again to check mark the H3 2d box. Every time you turn off your Phantom, the check mark is also gone.
That is the problem.

Geert./.

Geert, I can confirm the following, and figured I would share, in case there are others like myself who are NOT USING the smartphone app with their P2V:

On my P2V, after unzipping/installing/running the Phantom-2 tool, checking the H32D box, closing that tool, then launching the Phantom assistant, my Ch7 works, and I am able to control the pitch of my goodluckbuy gimbal.

Ch7 continues to work, after my Phantom is disconnected from USB and power-cycled. I have verified this several times.

I am proceeding with the addition of the external potentiometer to my Tx, to control my gimbal pitch.

Rob

Geert, I can confirm the following, and figured I would share, in case there are others like myself who are NOT USING the smartphone app with their P2V:

On my P2V, after unzipping/installing/running the Phantom-2 tool, checking the H32D box, closing that tool, then launching the Phantom assistant, my Ch7 works, and I am able to control the pitch of my goodluckbuy gimbal.

Ch7 continues to work, after my Phantom is disconnected from USB and power-cycled. I have verified this several times.

I am proceeding with the addition of the external potentiometer to my Tx, to control my gimbal pitch.

Rob
hello
im problem with pitch control 7th
im bought gimbal china in ebay
an set in my phantom vision
i use djiphantomgimbaltool for change vision to hd-2d
and voila ,,, 7th channel work and i used tilt up down from RC
but after restart my phantom
its change from begin ,,, set in vision again
7 channel not work
can you solve my problem???
im used gimbal china fc200 2axis http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...ady-for-use-/131482040915?hash=item1e9cf0ba53

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl