7.85" CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitor - Now Available

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Last edited:
I have bought and flown with it and it's pretty good. But after about a battery (P4) worth of flying, a message in Chinese pops up...seems like a warning or caution...anyone had this?

I have bought and flown with it and it's pretty good. But after about a battery (P4) worth of flying, a message in Chinese pops up...seems like a warning or caution...anyone had this?
1512616344045.jpg

My Ultra CS 7.8 is coming tomorrow, now I am terrified of all the bad things that folks are saying about the unit not working right.. oh boy , this is a lot of money to me to get it and it has so many bugs, :-(

My Ultra CS 7.8 is coming tomorrow, now I am terrified of all the bad things that folks are saying about the unit not working right.. oh boy , this is a lot of money to me to get it and it has so many bugs, :-(

I haven't had any show stopping issues with my CS Ultra and 5.5 with the latest firmware upgrade, just little glitches with the DJI Go4 app version 1.4.18 that came with it.
You would be having those issues with ipads or other android devices as well.

Reactions: Pixar
Keep us posted. I'm interested in the ultra too, but very skeptical how the product integrity will fair. DJI has me trained.

Reactions: Mavikhan and Pixar
OK, got it !! so so PRETTY ! :) I do have the battery voltage working fine ( on the P4P ) , the only problem so far is trying to navigate to
next screen at the top right corner ( for set-up) , it doesn't seem to want to find my finger , gots to play more with it. just a fast update ! the mount and the cover and carry case showed up as well today, LOVE the screen cover !

I have the Pro Plus controler and I have always struggled with the Latency problem , Have you noticed any improvement or is there anything I can do to improve that . I do use the Cacse with 10 G if that could be an issue.

Thanks Mike, I'll call my local DJI store to see when they expect to have a demo. I need to see it first.
The Ultra is worth the extra money, flown them both side by side in Dual Operator, and I was blown away by the difference. That being said, I'm still very impressed with the High as well.

We have four, no problems with any of them.

Can someone measure the video feed latency of CS? I believe I remember DJI touting the low latency advantage of CS as a dedicated monitor. I would expect it to be less than 150ms. iPads are at 180 to 220ms typically.

You mentioned that if we got rid of the casche 10 gigs we might have better latency numbers as we use the Pro Plus controllers and they not so good. I am finding that many times we are way past are nav points and I am still looking at them. Why would the Cashe have an effect on the Latency , is it do the processor doing much more... ?

You mentioned that if we got rid of the casche 10 gigs we might have better latency numbers as we use the Pro Plus controllers and they not so good. I am finding that many times we are way past are nav points and I am still looking at them. Why would the Cashe have an effect on the Latency , is it do the processor doing much more... ?

I don't know what you mean, "got rid of the casche 10 gigs "

Recording the Lightbridge 720 resolution flight video to the iPad cache hasn't changed latency for me in the past, whether cache is on or off. When I ran my latency tests I would fly with 4mbps transmission quality, however I've never compared that to the max data rate of 10mbps. I wouldn't be surprised if 4mbps has less latency, since it's less data to decode with H.264 to display the image on the tablet.

I don't know what you mean, "got rid of the casche 10 gigs "

Recording the Lightbridge 720 resolution flight video to the iPad cache hasn't changed latency for me in the past, whether cache is on or off. When I ran my latency tests I would fly with 4mbps transmission quality, however I've never compared that to the max data rate of 10mbps. I wouldn't be surprised if 4mbps has less latency, since it's less data to decode with H.264 to display the image on the tablet.

I may be mistaken, as I was talking about the ability for the controller to record the flights on the controller itself. I thought changing it from 10 gigs of capturing video would help the latency problem but you are saying that it will not help at all. Ok maybe I will have better performance on the Crystal , thanks.

I may be mistaken, as I was talking about the ability for the controller to record the flights on the controller itself. I thought changing it from 10 gigs of capturing video would help the latency problem but you are saying that it will not help at all. Ok maybe I will have better performance on the Crystal , thanks.

The iPad (or android) records the video in the Go4 app. The controller records nothing. The controller receives the wireless data from the craft and feeds the video stream to the iPad with compressed data, via USB. The Ipad (or Android) device decodes (decompresses) the data, then displays it on the tablet screen, while it records it to the tablet memory cache (if enabled).

It's 10mbps not 10gig. As I mentioned, changing to 4mbps may help (HD icon>custom channel, set channel choice, then choose 4mbps) , I've never compared 10mbps to 4mbps for latency differences, but it might help to low the latency, I'm not sure. Check to see if hardware decoding is enabled, that might help latency.

2yrs ago I gave up on Android because of latency issues. When I used my wife's iPad it worked well, exhibiting low latency, so I stopped trying various Android tablets (Tab A and Tab S), and bought an iPadMini2. I prefer Android, but in this case I switched camps. That said, it was over 2yrs ago and things may have improved with Android, however, I have more trust in the DJI iOS software team, based on history, regardless if Android works today or not. I'm very attracted to the Ultra CS, but I have some testing to do since it's Android, before I drop $850 for a bright screen.

So what is the latency that you experience on the Crystal , any at all. ?
The only time I've seen any latency was today when we were live streaming to FlightHub, but it wasn't prohibitive. Live Streaming to FlightHub also made them super hot which was something new as well. I will say they eat CrystalSky batteries, were getting about three flights per CrystalSky battery where the Highs were getting about 5.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor