3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Re: STICKY: Phantom Vision v3.0 Update 4/06: No-Fly Zones Ad

BenDronePilot said:
I am hoping that DJI gets enough user back lash that they add a disable function to the new safety zone feature. I let my friend fly my vision today but they accidentally had it too far out and the battery was too low to make the flight back to the home point before running out (partially do to strong winds). So I'm going to need a replacement, but wont want a new one if I'll be stuck with that new CrippleWare they call a firmware. I could also pick up someone's slightly used Vision on ebay and keep that on older firmware. Hmm.. what ta do what ta do. That new stabilized camera would be nice. Also thinking about the Phantom 2 with H3-3D and the DJI Lightbridge for HD video. Bit of a steep price tag though but regardless I wont be getting either of those unless they add that off switch to the new firmware "feature".

Yikes. I would be pretty pissed. Hopefully that friend chips in for the new one...

Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:
I am hoping that DJI gets enough user back lash that they add a disable function to the new safety zone feature. I let my friend fly my vision today but they accidentally had it too far out and the battery was too low to make the flight back to the home point before running out (partially do to strong winds). So I'm going to need a replacement, but wont want a new one if I'll be stuck with that new CrippleWare they call a firmware. I could also pick up someone's slightly used Vision on ebay and keep that on older firmware. Hmm.. what ta do what ta do. That new stabilized camera would be nice. Also thinking about the Phantom 2 with H3-3D and the DJI Lightbridge for HD video. Bit of a steep price tag though but regardless I wont be getting either of those unless they add that off switch to the new firmware "feature".

Yikes. I would be pretty pissed. Hopefully that friend chips in for the new one...

Amazing news. Someone found my Phantom. It apparently landed okay but somehow ended upside down and chipped 3 of the props. Probably from the winds pushing it to the side as it landed. Anyway I hope to pick it up from the person in a couple of days. Hope all goes well with that.

BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

Amazing news. Someone found my Phantom. It apparently landed okay but somehow ended upside down and chipped 3 of the props. Probably from the winds pushing it to the side as it landed. Anyway I hope to pick it up from the person in a couple of days. Hope all goes well with that.

Congrats Ben, really pleased for you.

Cyclone said:
Think it might be tx batteries, everything else was fully charged. And using an S4 for screen.

I'll let you know how it goes with new batteries, but it looks like user error :oops:

Ok it looks like the problems I was having were down to me. I changed the tx batteries and it seemed ok, the Vision went further without any 'return to home' comments......

BUT - I got a few 'Control Signal Lost' messages on the screen. Ive searched the forum for the answer but either Im getting too old to search or its not working :?

Im again confused to this. I had the wifi extender pointed at it and it was charged? Would resetting the extender be ok??

STICKY: Phantom Vision v3.0 Update 4/06: No-Fly Zones Added

BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:

Awesome news! Very happy for you. Amazing how that stupid little sticker with your phone number can save your *** sometimes.

You know the new P2V+ comes with extra props and batteries. :lol: just helping you justify another purchase.

Scottrod said:
Awesome news! Very happy for you. Amazing how that stupid little sticker with your phone number can save your *** sometimes.

You know the new P2V+ comes with extra props and batteries. :lol: just helping you justify another purchase.

Actually I used to have my number on it but recently took it off pending replacement which was when the Phantom was lost :shock: I searched Google every day and found a Craig's list post in the lost and found area for someone saying they found a DJI Phantom. I contacted them describing my P2V and camera mod and they sent me a picture and yep that was my baby and all intact just a couple scuffed props. I'll be sure to have my number back on the Phantom again before flying again. And maybe a GPS tracker.

BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:

Actually I used to have my number on it but recently took it off pending replacement which was when the Phantom was lost :shock: I searched Google every day and found a Craig's list post in the lost and found area for someone saying they found a DJI Phantom. I contacted them describing my P2V and camera mod and they sent me a picture and yep that was my baby and all intact just a couple scuffed props. I'll be sure to have my number back on the Phantom again before flying again. And maybe a GPS tracker.

Oh geez! I Actually used my phantom as an excuse to buy a LabelMaker. I bought a brother P-touch that can be used with the keyboard on it or plugged into a USB port of a computer to print out graphics and stickers.

I thought about adding a GPS tracker to my phantom but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

By the way you were very lucky that you had an honest person find it…

Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:

Oh geez! I Actually used my phantom as an excuse to buy a LabelMaker. I bought a brother P-touch that can be used with the keyboard on it or plugged into a USB port of a computer to print out graphics and stickers.

I thought about adding a GPS tracker to my phantom but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

By the way you were very lucky that you had an honest person find it…

Brother P touch is awesome between that and a sharpie I added labels to RC controller as well. And yeah hopefully everything will turn out OK when I meet up with this person Thursday evening to retrieve my Phantom. It was the week of lost phantoms as I noticed classified adds from 3 people posting about their lost Phantoms around this general area. Maybe bad luck or they're also not being mindful enough about the extra winds in NYC lately and probably flying their Phantoms too far away if I had to guess. The winds around here yesterday were nuts it was tropical storm level easily 60mph gusts based on how it felt. Today the winds are around 30mph. Not good Phantom flying weather.

STICKY: Phantom Vision v3.0 Update 4/06: No-Fly Zones Added

BenDronePilot said:
Brother P touch is awesome between that and a sharpie I added labels to RC controller as well. And yeah hopefully everything will turn out OK when I meet up with this person Thursday evening to retrieve my Phantom. It was the week of lost phantoms as I noticed classified adds from 3 people posting about their lost Phantoms around this general area. Maybe bad luck or they're also not being mindful enough about the extra winds in NYC lately and probably flying their Phantoms too far away if I had to guess. The winds around here yesterday were nuts it was tropical storm level easily 60mph gusts based on how it felt. Today the winds are around 30mph. Not good Phantom flying weather.

Yeah definitely not! I'm actually kind of disappointed that DJI has not given us the option to be able to change the top speed of the auto return home feature. It would be nice to be able to change that in the assistant software. Also on top of that it would be nice if they would let us change the height it returns at. In most areas 66 feet is not enough…

Yeah I was in a situation where i was in strong winds and deliberately enabled return to home and my phantom was barely keeping up with the breeze and i had to manually fly it home. if this happened further away out of sight it wouldn't of made it home.
As for the height it returns at i agree although 20m is usually enough if i fly in areas with small hills i can easily see it flying straight into a tree

So what's the overall opinion of the 3.0 update? I wanna give it a try but all I'm hearing are bad things about it.
I don't care about any airport restrictions (I'm nowhere near an airport), I just want to know if it's stable or not.

007trains said:
So what's the overall opinion of the 3.0 update? I wanna give it a try but all I'm hearing are bad things about it.
I don't care about any airport restrictions (I'm nowhere near an airport), I just want to know if it's stable or not.

As far as I can see, it offers no useful improvements or fixes. It seems to be introduced for the flight restrictions and to support PV+

Usual update rules apply: if there's no added feature you want, and no relevant bugfixes, don't do it.

I'm sure i read it improves the auto-land by reducing the "bouncing" but other than that i guess there is no reason to update

007trains said:
I'm sure i read it improves the auto-land by reducing the "bouncing" but other than that i guess there is no reason to update

As far as I know, the improvement about the reducing "bouncing" comes with the 2.0 version and it is implicit in the 3.0 version as well.

Good day

007trains said:

For whats its worth I have been running v3 without any issues. My P2Z performs the same as it did on 1.8 and 2.0. Very happy with it.

007trains said:

Actually firmware version to improved the random bouncing on landing on certain terrain. You don't need firmware v3 for that.

xgeek said:
007trains said:

For whats its worth I have been running v3 without any issues. My P2Z performs the same as it did on 1.8 and 2.0. Very happy with it.

You wouldn't be so happy with it if you live and fly anything under 5 miles of an airport. Even when your flights would in no way hinder commercial air traffic. And that's just the tip of the ice berg as far as firmware v3 problems.

BenDronePilot said:
xgeek said:
007trains said:

You wouldn't be so happy with it if you live and fly anything under 5 miles of an airport. Even when your flights would in no way hinder commercial air traffic. And that's just the tip of the ice berg as far as firmware v3 problems.

That's not so much of a problem than it is an unwanted feature built in to v3. I can understand why some may not like it but it does not make v3 unstable.

pilot said:
Did not update to v3.0 just the phone app and now i'm getting this while i'm in my room over 7km far from the airport :lol:

fxiu.jpg
did you ever fix this issue or find out what caused it?

phantomguy said:
did you ever fix this issue or find out what caused it?

I did not check it out at that moment but took it for a flight the same day ( far a way from home/Airport ) with no issues.

what confused me more than getting only 5 satellites is why i'm getting then (GPS signal) when i'm in my room under a concrete roof.

i just powered it up and no issue or Airport restriction massage :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18