3.02 firmware reversal

Reaction score
Can you go backward with the latest firmware update ? I thought I read we're the new update wasn't reversible ?

I read somewhere (unofficial) that "v3.02 is impossible to cleanly come back from according to DJI"
The title should say v3.02, not v3.0 as that one is reversible.

Re: 3.00 firmware reversal

Yes, this is easy to do.
I don't know how clean it is but the reversal seems clean to me.

Just get an older DJI assistant app.
I keep 3.0 and 1.08 on my Mac and switch back and forth with out issue.

Open the app for the software you want to use. So if you want 1.08 use assistant 1.08. Go to the update tab. Then "update" from 3.xx to whatever you want.
Use that assistant software while you use that firmware.

I too have gone from v2.0 to v1.08 myself with no issues. From what I gather the main controller firmware v3.02 updates the central board firmware to v1.0.1.25 from v1.0.1.24 and that is where the problem lies. You may be right though, anybody willing to be a tester? :twisted:

I'm sorry I should have posted 3.02 , that's what I meant. Can i go back from there ?

I reverted from 3.0 to 1.08 using the 1.08 assistant. I will have to look but there was only one update that occured. Whatever component held 3.0 now holds 1.08. No other firmware changed from what I received originally. It flies perfectly. Can't speak for 3.02 as I did not go to that. So whomever says you can't do it I beg to differ.

Is this the Assistant for the Regular Phantom Vision? I checked DJI.com and all I saw was firmware 2.0? Does anyone know where to download 1.08?

I thought I reD were. 3.02 wasn't reversible Just want to make sure I KNOW you can revert back from 3.00

Your talking about 3.00 not 3.02. As I have stated I think there's a difference were you can reverse 3.02 but I would like to know for sure.

Mori55 said:
I thought I reD were. 3.02 wasn't reversible Just want to make sure I KNOW you can revert back from 3.00
You definitely CAN revert back to 1.08 from 3.0. I did it and am at 1.08 now and flying everyday. Key here is i did not update to 3.02 before going back to 1.08. What is unclear is can you revert from 3.02 to 1.08. Looks like 3.02 also packages another update that is incompatible with 1.08. Maybe. Hope this answers your question.

What do you actually gain/lose by going from 3.0 to 1.08? Thanks for your assistance!

I received my Vision+ the other day...set it up, charged the repeater, batteries, etc, and went for a test flight....everything worked flawlessly.

When I connected the assistant to my P2V+ and logged in via email/ password, it immediately told me to upgrade...from 3.0 to 3.02

I'm not too hip on the 2M maximum descent speed and some of the other issues...so I decided not to upgrade. These are what I get when I connect my P2V+ thru the P2V application:

2923eh2.jpg

and thru the Vision+ application:

1658wk.jpg

I assume it's best for now NOT to upgrade? I already totaled my first P2 with an H3-2D....don't wanna crash this one!!

LuvMyTJ said:
I too have gone from v2.0 to v1.08 myself with no issues. From what I gather the main controller firmware v3.02 updates the central board firmware to v1.0.1.25 from v1.0.1.24 and that is where the problem lies. You may be right though, anybody willing to be a tester? :twisted:

The central board firmware is now up to 1.0.1.27 (though I don't see that listed on DJI's download section) :roll:

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing