3.02 firmware reversal

Why chance a midair collision with a 1/1 aircraft? :?:

For those of you that downgraded to 1.08, do you have control of the tilt on your camera? I'm running 1.08 but don't have ANY control of the tilt.

I have had mine on v3.0, v2.0 and currently v1.08.
At one time I had a gimbal issue and reinstalling the software corrected it.
Were you on v3.02?

No its was shipped with 3.0 but when I downgraded to 1.08 I lost control of the tilt. Can you control yours on 1.08?

Assuming it worked prior to this for you first go in and calibrate X1.If that fails reinstall the software as per the DJI site. If you do it in the wrong order it will not work correctly.

Venom93corba said:
No its was shipped with 3.0 but when I downgraded to 1.08 I lost control of the tilt. Can you control yours on 1.08?

I started on 3.0. Reverted to 1.08. I CAN control the tilt and always have been able to. That's a yes, affirmative on the tilt control for me on 1.08. I am running v1.0.39 on my android as a side note.

LuvMyTJ said:
the greater the risk, the greater the reward. plus i can see and hear any craft under 1500 feet. with the new firmware its slow coming down so i just move out of the way of a plane. i did that yesterday in this video: http://youtu.be/wcwBL_sMpiU
i think i was around 800 feet up and there's no way i could drop to 400ft fast enough (with this firmware) so i just moved out of the way, then continued on my course.

LuvMyTJ said:

I am a pilot. There is no reason to risk a mid air.
If however you think that v.3.xx will keep you safe, you are mistaken. The no fly zones don't match airspace. They create a false sense of safety.
The only way to minimize risk is to know how read an air map (sectional) and buy the new ones every time they come out.

Beyond that the rule of "see and be seen" is very important. In Brittan they say "see and avoid."

neoneo said:
LuvMyTJ said:
the greater the risk, the greater the reward. plus i can see and hear any craft under 1500 feet. with the new firmware its slow coming down so i just move out of the way of a plane. i did that yesterday in this video: http://youtu.be/wcwBL_sMpiU
i think i was around 800 feet up and there's no way i could drop to 400ft fast enough (with this firmware) so i just moved out of the way, then continued on my course.

This is another good point about v3.xx. If you have to get down fast, you can't. This adds danger. I would rather crash into the ground because of VRS than have a mid air with an unexpected aircraft.

neoneo said:
LuvMyTJ said:

Seems like your flying could lead to gross negligence. We're talking human lives here.

ocphantom said:
neoneo said:
LuvMyTJ said:

Seems like your flying could lead to gross negligence. We're talking human lives here.

If you live in the US there are places marked on the air charts (sectionals) where rc planes fly often. These are known to pilots and special care is given when flying near these spots. These would be a good place to try more risky maneuvers.

ResevorDG said:
ocphantom said:
neoneo said:
LuvMyTJ said:

If you live in the US there are places marked on the air charts (sectionals) where rc planes fly often. These are known to pilots and special care is given when flying near these spots. These would be a good place to try more risky maneuvers.

I'm aware of that. I'm assuming neoneo isn't however.

neoneo said:
A wise man does in the begining what a foolish man does in the end.

She fell out of the sky suddenly. Full throttle and she flipped back over (yea she was upside down smh :oops: ) and leveled out. All within 20 feet. I wad only ally 70 feet up when it happened. I was full right sick forward and throttle pretty far downward for descent when she decided to take a dive. I'm almost site its prop wash. But im scared as heck now. Thinking about upgrading again. What do you guys think. I'm in "better safe than sorry" mode.
If I go to 3.4 there's no turning back right? I heard you couldn't downgrade from that one.

neoneo said:
She fell out of the sky suddenly. Full throttle and she flipped back over (yea she was upside down smh :oops: ) and leveled out. All within 20 feet. I wad only ally 70 feet up when it happened. I was full right sick forward and throttle pretty far downward for descent when she decided to take a dive. I'm almost site its prop wash. But im scared as heck now. Thinking about upgrading again. What do you guys think. I'm in "better safe than sorry" mode.
If I go to 3.4 there's no turning back right? I heard you couldn't downgrade from that one.
Sounds like u just need to be a little more careful. Don't go to 3.04 unless you WANT restrictions and forced slow descent. I don't want to see you out at the ranges you go with all that stupid restriction stuff making decisions for you. Remain in control with 1.08. That's what I think.

she's gone! :oops:
she's gone! :|
she was flying, i lost signal and she never came back. find my phantom put here in the middle of this street. i checked everyones yards and the open farmland around and saw nothing. i searched till it got dark. no rain tonight. hopefully someone sees it outside tomorrow and calls the number i taped on there. hopefully it didn't prop wash out of the sky. hopefully it just landed and lost power. I can tell you this. when i get her back, I'm just going to stay up do date with the software. and get a better gps tracker on it.
everything happens for a reason right :) lol

neoneo said:
she was flying, i lost signal and she never came back. find my phantom put here in the middle of this street. i checked everyones yards and the open farmland around and saw nothing. i searched till it got dark. no rain tonight. hopefully someone sees it outside tomorrow and calls the number i taped on there. hopefully it didn't prop wash out of the sky. hopefully it just landed and lost power. I can tell you this. when i get her back, I'm just going to stay up do date with the software. and get a better gps tracker on it.

Wow. Really sorry. Hope she turns up.

Dirty Bird said:
neoneo said:

Wow. Really sorry. Hope she turns up.
Well I beat my record lol. I got 7000+ feet. She landed in a tree and lost a prop. The gimbal is bent slightly at the top stem. I flew her just now and she seems fine. Im trying to bend the gimbal stem back into place but its hard. The video I was taking when I lost her is cut of right before it starts to come down. Idk how it stopped recording. The guy who found it was x military and kept asking me if I was spying on him. Lol smh. Maybe theres a little video editing in there by the finder/hero. He did mention the memory card when naming the things he identified about the drone lol. Either way shes back! It was actually not that stressful last night not knowing where she was. My new philosophy and way of thinking got me through it. If this happened a few weeks ago I would have had a heart attack. Im not exaggeration either.
Should I be taking this gimbal apart to straighten it out or just "bend"?
And I updated to 3.04 and I swear I can barely notice the difference in descent from 1.08. Barely! And not one jerk when coming down and moving forward. Not one and believe my I was pushing for it

Hello All,

I have been reading a lot on this forum and other forums and this thread made me try to downgrade from 3.04 to 1.08 and it looks like I succeeded. Not that my Phantom 2 did confirm that when I was downgrading, because I had to shut it down. My h3-3d kept on dancing on moving around like gone crazy. It did not finish the procedure itself. When I turned it on again I saw on the assistant software on my Mac that the firmware was set to 1.08. Today I went flying and noticed that it had a bit of a difficulty to get 6 satellites locked for gps. Only when flying at more than 10 meters high it locked on to 7 to 9 satellites. But that can also be the result of the place I was flying. I had never been flying there before.

I did notice that it was flying much faster than my old phantom 2 with 3.06, and could see that it was really going nose down to get up to speed. (I f...d my old one up a week ago after a minor crash, trying to replace the motors to fast without the proper tools). Yes it was slightly descending because of that, but I was warned about that in several threads. I wanted to downgrade firstly to get more speed. With all the slowdowns in the newer firmwares I could not keep up anymore with boats and jet skis. And second because many of you all state that 1.08 gives you most freedom with how to fly and where to fly.

A downside I read about is the lack of the sensitivity control you have in the newer firmware for the tilt control for the h3-3d, and that is sadly the case. No smooth tilt control anymore, although the assistant software does enable you to set the sensitivity, but nothing happens. Its not responding that good and ably has one speed: fast. Another thing I came across is the speed of descending and the prop wash. Even when descending on a slower rate than possible and not straight downwards, but also flying forwards I had to pull the throttle up to stabilize it again. A bit scary, but it handled it well. I did not come falling down like a brick or flip over.

I read on this thread that downgrading from 3.02 was not possible. I do not know if thats true, but I can confirm I downgraded successfully form 3.04.

Of course I will let you all know if 1.08 suits me better than the newer firmwares after a few more flights. :geek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4