27db is Safe... Here is the proof!

Reaction score
New news.. After a long Debate The truth is out!!! LOL
There has been concerns about 27Db output of the P3S..
The conservatives say "It is to much!" (burnout possible)..
The radicals say GO FOR IT !!!
Well who is right..
Well Papa Tita Was concerned.. He went through the process of adding an Auto Boost script in the mod.. So that if in case the conservatives are right all would still be safe Thanks Fadjar! :)
Well, the debate still went on..
But The proof is in the pudding...
An Unmodded (Reverted) P3S shows a stock output level of 27dB!!!
So there is no danger of "Burnout" (and there never was any burnouts to prove it either?? )
But,
Now there is a new question??
How is DJI selling 27db drones in the USA that Fcc limits to 20dB?
My P3s has been Modded with the Magic power 5 app then it was reverted to stock..
I have a lingering question though So...
If someone would...
If you have not done the Magic power mod.. And are planing to..
Let me walk you through it.. I would like to test it as i did here but to a truely never modded bird..
This is the proof of Db...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: p3s_noob
Normaly Telnet does no more work after revert to stock. Are you sure you revert correct?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Yes to get that info.. I reverted to "Stock" restarted.. Confirmed all.. Then reconnected the P3S and Magic Power mod.. Ran step one... Stepone only enables Telnet.. Step Two applies the MOD... So with Step one only I could Telnet in and see Stock Transmit dB The "get" command shows you the location... USA... the next shows you the dB levels it is set at... 27dB :) UK shows 17 dB... :)

I thought 27db being stock in some regions was already common knowledge? I saw it discussed in the magic power thread that the default 24db was actually a downgrade for some.

Ive been running 27db for many many hours.

Reactions: KennethMcNutt
I thought 27db being stock in some regions was already common knowledge? I saw it discussed in the magic power thread that the default 24db was actually a downgrade for some.

Ive been running 27db for many many hours.
But There Is Still "MAGIC" in the air!!! It has be proven that the mod Helps!!!! (no matter location) )No matter the db output?)
So there is unknown factors at play!!
Papa properly named his app...
The Power "of" Magic is not gone... LOL

But There Is Still "MAGIC" in the air!!! It has be proven that the mod Helps!!!! (no matter location) )No matter the db output?)
So there is unknown factors at play!!
Papa properly named his app...
The Power "of" Magic is not gone... LOL
Ive been running 27db before magic power was even born, since the guy who originally discovered the ftp password posted :)

Ive been running 27db before magic power was even born, since the guy who originally discovered the ftp password posted :)
So basically your confirming "real life" long term testing ... Have you ever used Papa's method ?? Or just Cmd line??

I use 20dB on my controler :)

Attachments

• 20161029_200510.jpg
    20161029_200510.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 492
Some magic numbers:

Peak = 1.414 * RMS
= 1.414 * 19 = 26.866

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been running straight 27db AC and RC by Icarus and no problems at all ...

I have to comment that I have seen both power levels quoted online ... 20 and 27 for USA (non CE regions) .... so it all depends what you read ...

Nigel

What db does magic power use as standard then?
Or do you have to chooses anyways?

Not installed it yet.

Darren

What db does magic power use as standard then?
Or do you have to chooses anyways?

Not installed it yet.

Darren

24dbm is default.
Yes, you can also choose.

Supposedly... let's say you go with the default 24 and then you start to get weak signal. It will ramp up to 27 on it's own, in order to get the signal back.

So basically your confirming "real life" long term testing ... Have you ever used Papa's method ?? Or just Cmd line??

Yes ive been on 27db many months days after the ftp details were first found. I recently tried Papas method too, set at 27db too. Like the guys said, its designed to be operated at 27db in some regions.

DJI online sales site :

Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI

REMOTE CONTROLLER
Operating Frequency 5.725 - 5.825 GHz, 922.7 - 927.7 MHz (Japan)
Max Transmission Distance FCC: 1000 m
CE: 500 m
(outdoors and unobstructed, aircraft's altitude at 400 feet (120 m))
Operating Temperature Range 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
Battery 2600 mAh LiPo 18650
Transmitter Power (EIRP)

• FCC: 19 dBm
  • CE: 14 dBm
Operating Current/Voltage 600 [email protected]
Video Output Port USB
Mobile Device Holder Tablets and smart phones
Charging Port Micro USB

The problem I think is that here - if you look at the Frequency quoted - its ONLY talking about 5.8Ghz - the Command signal.
The site doesn't actually talk about the 2.4Ghz power level. So I think when people quote the lower 19 / 20db figure they are confusing the 5.8Ghz with the 27db 2.4Ghz FCC ...

To be honest - in my view - the whole thing is a mess. We install MP or Icarus and then start talking range. All we've done really is improve Video / Telemetry 2.4Ghz side of the equation but 5.8Ghz Control side is untouched.
I fell into the trap of quoting 1000m ... 500m - but look above - they are only quoted against the 5.8Ghz signal ... no mention of 2.4Ghz.

Strange - because as soon as I upped my power on 2.4 - I had increase in range .. SO I THOUGHT !! But looking back - the real change came with the Antenna change. I was getting about 700m already on stock 5.8 - so the 27db Icarus basically brought the 2.4 up to match it ...
With Argtec - the 5.8 improved to over 2500m - both antenna and Icarus brought Video up as well.

As I see it actual 5.8Ghz control range is not affected by any MP or Icarus - its only the 2.4 brought up to be in line with the 5.8 ... fit the Argtec or DBS and both get a boost from the better antenna's.

Nigel

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan