2 Hawkes down

i appreciate all the feedback and can read between the lines about where to from here, hey today i spun the motors lolz what a breakthru, however i still have been unable to get the app going im just stuck on the "connect your DJI device" However I still havent managed to properly uninstall the app from the ipad, i had password issues so i created a whole new profile but still no can connect

Here is a link to a video on YouTube that should help you link your RC to the AC.

Also, here is an image of the LED lights and what they mean. They are also in the manual. I hope this helps.

DJI LED lights meaning.jpg

Found this on DJI Phantom 3 Advanced page, it looks like the App is not compatible with my ipad3? even tho my ios version is 9.3.4

APP / LIVE VIEW

• iOS Version v2.8.6.
    Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

is that the only app I can use?

Found this on DJI Phantom 3 Advanced page, it looks like the App is not compatible with my ipad3? even tho my ios version is 9.3.4

APP / LIVE VIEW

• iOS Version v2.8.6.
    Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Well I do see in the list that an iPad mini 3 will work at iOS 8.0 or later. Do you have an iPad mini 3? I am not an Apple product user so it is hard for me to advise you in this area. Hopefully, someone can jump in here and better advise you in the Apple issues. Good find on this info. It may be part of the problem.
[EDIT] Also, it is advisable to use the DJI app because it has every thing needed for monitoring your flights and testing, calibrating etc.

I spose if your hellbent on getting these birds in the air by hook or br crook hehe

by the way I only used the latest firmware assuming it would have all the older versions in it?
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.9.60
2016-06-13

yes i can't proceed past that note "choose your aircraft" i.e no option to view webcam

you would think the ipad3 will recognise the app as non compatible

yes i can't proceed past that note "choose your aircraft" i.e no option to view webcam

This sounds like a pretty unique issue. I would call DJI Tech Support and let them walk you through getting it up and running. I have never experienced this issue or heard about it in this forum either. I'm stumped. Unless some experts on this forum can help you, I would call DJI. I don't think they will charge you for getting your bird up and flying, but ask them up front if they can help you at no charge because your bird is new. Try that. I have had good luck with DJI.

Did you try another apple certified cable and/or another iPad as i suggested in post 32?

A. Why can't you choose your aircraft? Is it not one of the choices? Put your finger on the aircraft on the screen and slide it sideways until you see your aircraft model.

B. There is no webcam option

Try another device, your phone or use a friends tablet, a newer iPad or an android device.

A. Why can't you choose your aircraft? Is it not one of the choices? Put your finger on the aircraft on the screen and slide it sideways until you see your aircraft model. I can choose it but thats it the app wont open i think its because my device is not compatible

B. There is no webcam option
nil connecting

Well I do see in the list that an iPad mini 3 will work at iOS 8.0 or later. Do you have an iPad mini 3? NO I am not an Apple product user so it is hard for me to advise you in this area. Hopefully, someone can jump in here and better advise you in the Apple issues. Good find on this info. It may be part of the problem.
[EDIT] Also, it is advisable to use the DJI app because it has every thing needed for monitoring your flights and testing, calibrating etc.

What you may want to do to help everybody help you, is to take a picture of your Aircraft (AC), Remote Controller (RC), iPad showing the DJI Go app all turned on and post it here. Then maybe we can help. Be sure the propellers are not on the AC and have the AC facing the camera, the remote as if you would be using it and the DJI Go app running if you can press the icon and open it. Put the AC and RC close together for the picture. Use your cell phone or another digital camera to take this picture. You can post it below by clicking on "Upload a File". Good luck.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl