2 Hawkes down

Reaction score
Nooby here, I am trying to get these birds in the air 2 x P3 Adv new out of the box,
I have witnessed "sucess" in both the birds firmware upgrades I have an ipad3 I would like to fly them with, and downloaded the app DJI Go no camera no can go past the first screen. It just says choose yr aircraft in a loop.

Yes I have uninstalled but ??

Then im thinking lets give the motors a twirl for fun.... cant even do that [what im doin is bring both sticks in and down to engage the bird... sigh oh to fly

Incidentally the batteries light s are red the remotes lights are green

If not dead, they certainly need to be charged first. If you successfully charge the batteries, you need to turn everything on and register the birds with DJI before you can fly it. That's really the only time you need wifi connection on your tablet (or even the tablet for that matter). But again, nothing is going to happen with dead batteries.

Reactions: Digdat0
bummer i have fully charged everything but yes a red light on the battery when i fire up the bird

Are you trying to fly two P3A's with the same controller at the same time? Or, are you trying to fly two P3A's each with their own remotes? If the latter, you may have to ensure that the remote's aren't both connecting to both birds or both remotes may be confused to what bird they are connected to. I would work with one bird first and take it up for a test. If all is well, shut that bird down and then try the other. This should give you some insight into what is going on. Maybe that is what you are already doing, but you weren't too clear in what you are trying to do with these two birds.

yes I only turn one bird on at a time as i got two birds incase one dies then we have a backup bird.. but still no joy, the battery charge indicator is all green slits but after when i turn the bird on, there is a red dot on the battery, trying to spin a motor with no prop and then I only have one ipad , am i going to have trouble using this on the both birds? i dunno, im trying to keep positive but nothing seems to be working, cant even open the app

yes I only turn one bird on at a time as i got two birds incase one dies then we have a backup bird.. but still no joy, the battery charge indicator is all green slits but after when i turn the bird on, there is a red dot on the battery, trying to spin a motor with no prop and then I only have one ipad , am i going to have trouble using this on the both birds? i dunno, im trying to keep positive but nothing seems to be working, cant even open the app

Did you check to see if the AC settings are set to auto record? Check that.

where do i find that ? please dont say in the app lolz

where do i find that ? please dont say in the app lolz

Haha, yes in the app. But its easy to find. On the right of home screen when you start it up is the 3 gears. Click on the gears and then click on the camera.The first item on the list is Auto record. Make sure it is not highlighted. Be sure your bird is all connected to do this.

stewth thanks for that, its just i can even open the app, I have updated to the latest ios i read somewhere to uninstall using itunes but i dunno how

Feel for you, really not much that I can think of to help. However, the only good thing is when you finally do figure out what is wrong, you can use the single iPad on both RC's (obviously , not at the same time, LOL).
Just grasping at straws, but have you tried switching which RC you use with the birds? And what lights show on the battery if you take it off the charger and turn it on without putting it In the bird? When you turn the battery on while in the aircraft, does anything happen? The LEDs on the arms should start flashing and the gimbal should spin up. By the way, you did remove all of the shipping braces from the gimbal didn't you? There should be 2 on each, a clear plasitic one and a smaller white foam one.

stewth thanks for that, its just i can even open the app, I have updated to the latest ios i read somewhere to uninstall using itunes but i dunno how
Try just holding your finger on the app icon until the icons start wiggling and a small x appears on the upper left of each icon. Tapping the x should delete the app. To turn off the wiggling,put the iPad to sleep ( tap the power button) and wake it back up.

Yes try to uninstall from itunes. Don't do anything else until you do that. Then re-install it and start from scratch. Just do one thing at a time and that way you will be able to follow a path that will lead you to victory. Once you re-install the app, turn on your ipad, turn on the bird, then turn on the RC. Then see if all is connected. Go from there and first check to see if auto record as I told you is set to auto record. If so, turn it off. Also, I'm guessing since you were able to load the firmware properly that your batteries are at least charged to 50%. That is sufficient. Then try to start the motors. Remember one thing at a time.

Try just holding your finger on the app icon until the icons start wiggling and a small x appears on the upper left of each icon. Tapping the x should delete the app. To turn off the wiggling,put the iPad to sleep ( tap the power button) and wake it back up.

Hi Richard, your old friend here. I think when you do that, you are just deleting the icon and not uninstalling the app. I could be wrong, do you have a manual for that?

thanks yes i uninstalled it that way, however when i reinstalled it it had auto loaded the details i loaded prior to. Apparently using the itunes uninstall will wipe everything out i assume. i removed the battery from the bird i now have 3 green lights and the red one on the button, yes when i do the double press in the bird it does a 4 beep code then fancy wobbly thingy on the cam and lights start flasshing first double yellow then gree then double yellow flashes continually meanwhile the reds are fixed on red it looks so beautiful

thanks yes i uninstalled it that way, however when i reinstalled it it had auto loaded the details i loaded prior to. Apparently using the itunes uninstall will wipe everything out i assume. i removed the battery from the bird i now have 3 green lights and the red one on the button, yes when i do the double press in the bird it does a 4 beep code then fancy wobbly thingy on the cam and lights start flasshing first double yellow then gree then double yellow flashes continually meanwhile the reds are fixed on red it looks so beautiful

Ok, you confused me a little, are you able to open the app?

sorry i dont mean to be confusing maybe im gettin exited again because i gave up and packed the birds away, it nice to get a human who has done it b4 and helping like you guys... so thanks again in advance, no i cant open the app, it just gets to the screen choose your bird i do so and then ....nothing? when i find how to use itunes to uninstall i will try that but shouldnt i be able to make a motor spin without the app in the first place?

sorry i dont mean to be confusing maybe im gettin exited again because i gave up and packed the birds away, it nice to get a human who has done it b4 and helping like you guys... so thanks again in advance, no i cant open the app, it just gets to the screen choose your bird i do so and then ....nothing? when i find how to use itunes to uninstall i will try that but shouldnt i be able to make a motor spin without the app in the first place?

Yes, you are right, but only if your remote is connected to the aircraft (AC). I have to step out for a bit. But... if you look to the right at the top of this page, you will see a magnifying glass. Click on that and you will be able to type in a search item. Type in... link remote to aircraft. You will see various threads that pop up and you will be able to link the remote to the aircraft. I will be back soon and will see how you are doing. Sorry for having to leave in the middle of this. You are doing great. Do the search and good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl