#2 compass not working

Reaction score
The DJI app tells me to restart aircraft. I noticed also an Aircraft Encoder Error. I decided to try to calibrate compass and noticed the #2 compass is not working. I have restarted the aircraft many times. I have tried recalibration many times. The aircraft flies but I am nervous that the backup Compass is not working. Anyone know if there is I can do from my end? I have DJI Care. Tried using DJI Live Chat after calling and told there were 42 calls ahead of me. Live Chat does not work. Anyone have an idea to fix this this short of sending it in?
Thanks,
Marty

The DJI app tells me to restart aircraft. I noticed also an Aircraft Encoder Error. I decided to try to calibrate compass and noticed the #2 compass is not working. I have restarted the aircraft many times. I have tried recalibration many times. The aircraft flies but I am nervous that the backup Compass is not working. Anyone know if there is I can do from my end? I have DJI Care. Tried using DJI Live Chat after calling and told there were 42 calls ahead of me. Live Chat does not work. Anyone have an idea to fix this this short of sending it in?
Thanks,
Marty
When I had that problem it was the compass clip detatched. The little covers on the landinding gear have to be taken off carefully. Inside u'll see a black clip. If it's disconnected then that's the one. Becarefull not to use to much force. I got that from utube

In my case those little covers on the landing gear have to be watched very carefully. During my very first flight I grazed a tree branch and the P4 fell from about 3 feet. Apart from 3 props, I didn't see any damage and in fact went on to fly 2 batteries. It was only the next day when I saw that both of those little covers were missing. I went back to where I was flying and was very lucky to find them near the tree that I had an issue with. When I put them back on they didn't feel like they were very tight even though there was no damage to the tabs that are supposed to close them tightly. My solution was to apply some clear Scotch tape just to make sure I don't lose them again.

When I had that problem it was the compass clip detatched. The little covers on the landinding gear have to be taken off carefully. Inside u'll see a black clip. If it's disconnected then that's the one. Becarefull not to use to much force. I got that from utube
one clip was completely disconnected. I attached it and still had number one all red. I'm replaciñg it. Thank you

Sorry so late on responses. I responded to my email and relised it was not going to you all
Newbie mistake

In my case those little covers on the landing gear have to be watched very carefully. During my very first flight I grazed a tree branch and the P4 fell from about 3 feet. Apart from 3 props, I didn't see any damage and in fact went on to fly 2 batteries. It was only the next day when I saw that both of those little covers were missing. I went back to where I was flying and was very lucky to find them near the tree that I had an issue with. When I put them back on they didn't feel like they were very tight even though there was no damage to the tabs that are supposed to close them tightly. My solution was to apply some clear Scotch tape just to make sure I don't lose them again.
I use the tape now also. I'm replaciñg the landing gear

Thanks,
Marty
I had exact same issue compass 2 not working..I found that this compass is in the right hand landing gear, so i purchased one (rh landing skid)on ebay and replaced it...problem fixed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl