12v car charger

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has a 12v car charger to charge their lipos, if so where did you get it from and how much, are the ones on eBay ok? Or is it best to get the proper dji charger? There is quite a bit of difference in price!
Many thanks in advance :)

i really cant figure out why everyone is so scared to use non-genuine or 12volt chargers, there really is nothing special about the dji powerpack

Using an inverter is not as efficient as charging directly from 12v
When camping or off the grid, I have a solar charger that charges a large 12v lead-acid battery, which I then use to charge my phone or other USB chargeable devices.
I have plugged an inverter into that just to test but the inverter gets hot and that's a lot of wasted juice.

I think the Phantom 2 charger is dumb and just outputs a constant 12 volts. It's the smart circuits inside the battery that do the charging.
So in theory I could just use alligator clips to connect 12v to the battery leads and it should do the rest. No?

cahutch said:
I think the Phantom 2 charger is dumb and just outputs a constant 12 volts. It's the smart circuits inside the battery that do the charging.
So in theory I could just use alligator clips to connect 12v to the battery leads and it should do the rest. No?
i would at least you a 12volt regulated power pack on the battery to save chance of the battery getting too high a voltage

If using investor ,make sure it is "pure sine wave " ; I have one built-in in my truck and I am using phantom DJI charger with it .
This type of inventor is recommended to be used safely with electronic devices .

Paul K said:
If using investor ,make sure it is "pure sine wave " ; I have one built-in in my truck and I am using phantom DJI charger with it .
This type of inventor is recommended to be used safely with electronic devices .

Good point Paul K, noted, many thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT