100 meter range from controller to P3A (stock)

Reaction score
I am flying in city scape and have aprox 500 meters horisontal range (not very happy about it). What is more strange is that the range upwards today was around 120 meters. After reaching 120 meters (above me, distance under 10 M) I had weak transmitter signal. Problem persist whole the flight and the test above 100 meters last for aprox 2 minutes. I decided to descent and by 80 meters the transmitter strenght was normal. It should be minimum 500 meters up in the air? No sky, no metal near me and so on. Has the last FW in controller and drone and used stock equipment and DJI GO App for Ipad mini 2.

I am flying in city scape and have aprox 500 meters horisontal range (not very happy about it). What is more strange is that the range upwards today was around 120 meters. After reaching 120 meters (above me, distance under 10 M) I had weak transmitter signal. Problem persist whole the flight and the test above 100 meters last for aprox 2 minutes. I decided to descent and by 80 meters the transmitter strenght was normal. It should be minimum 500 meters up in the air? No sky, no metal near me and so on. Has the last FW in controller and drone and used stock equipment and DJI GO App for Ipad mini 2.
When you were flying close to overhead (<10M distance), how did you have the antennas oriented?

Reactions: JoBe
Have you turned off Beginner Mode in the app? Flying directly overhead you need the antennae parallel to the ground, so that the flat side is facing directly up.

If you are flying directly overhead (not recommended) your antennas should be horizontal to the earth.

Thanks for explanations all of you! I think you are spot on. Beginner mode was not active. I think the antennas were oriented in 90 degrees wrong direction :) Most of energy forward and not upward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan