1.6 miles with p3s

Remember all is wide angle. So you can see above and everywhere. It's not magic. If I'm in current position looking at drone. There is no item will jump directly above me without seeing it coming. Put on some goggles and tell me you can't see better. As with the naked eye I can see up close the actions of the drone and surrounding of course. But when you go long. Don't even waste your time. Check it out and you will see. Me personally. I do line of sight always. But when I test distance. I don't waste time with it. It's not like every flight is 2 miles away. Most are right there. Except when I'm
Over water. Large bodies of water. In short. There a time and place for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Remember all is wide angle. So you can see above and everywhere. It's not magic.

Are you saying that with the goggles, you can see more than what we see on our phone/tablet screen?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Are you saying that with the goggles, you can see more than what we see on our phone/tablet screen?

That's exactly what I'm saying. As opposed to having 9.7 or 6 inch screen. The goggles make it look like a 98 inch screen. Full of details. No sunlight to block out even the power lines.
But I'm saying from long distance. Now if it is in line of sight. I can see the drone itself it is clear. But if I'm looking at my iPad. Fpv. The goggles are far superior.

That's exactly what I'm saying. As opposed to having 9.7 or 6 inch screen. The goggles make it look like a 98 inch screen. Full of details. No sunlight to block out even the power lines.
But I'm saying from long distance. Now if it is in line of sight. I can see the drone itself it is clear. But if I'm looking at my iPad. Fpv. The goggles are far superior.

You said
"all is wide angle, you can see above and everything"

I should have used better terminology. What I'm asking is, are you saying you have a larger field of view with the goggles?
I would assume that you have the same field of view with goggles, as we have on our phones/tablets.
I mean the camera only displays what it sees. How can you see above?

Reactions: Tony Cowan
You said

I should have used better terminology. What I'm asking is, are you saying you have a larger field of view with the goggles?
I would assume that you have the same field of view with goggles, as we have on our phones/tablets.
I mean the camera only displays what it sees. How can you see above?

Well remember. You still use your phone. Or you can buy the expensive glasses. 3-400 dollars. But your phone is inside the goggles. It's just that with the goggles it eliminates any glare so the clarity is just there from your phone. They are cheap. I paid $19 dollars and can't believe the difference. Basically the elimination of sun and glare. Even with sun shade on my tablet. It was hard to see all as I keep trying to keep vlos. But if I go too far it is all fpv.

Tony, I like your suggestion about the goggles.What equipment are you using to pull it off? I use a Galaxy S4 but would LOVE to experiment with FPV goggles.

Honestly. It depends on the kind of bird you have. I'm using hootoo goggles very cheap. No good with my standard. But excellent with the pro. For standard you need HDMI adapter for phone or a cheap tablet that has HDMI our. And fair price goggles or glasses.

so i got my antenaes changed out and i am pretty sure i screwed it up. i was scraping off the white stuff and the brass ring came off the board as well. it was for one of the wifi pads though. i THINK i got the new one on there and hot glued it down. i have never lost video. BUT ill lose RC at 75 feet but then i flew 2200 feet today and lost it there, but also lost it a few times in between. to clarify. the wi fi pads are for video, the single antenae or the longest cable at the bottom is for RC control

Just flew again today and got out 1.8 miles (9600ft)

I think it has to be the area you fly, I sent mine out in one direction that I have a good elevation over it to 9000 ft, lost video signa,, but another direction from the very same take off point I get 3500 ft away and loose video. If yourr take off point is from a high elevation where see a long ways, it will go long ways with video.

so i got my antenaes changed out and i am pretty sure i screwed it up. i was scraping off the white stuff and the brass ring came off the board as well. it was for one of the wifi pads though. i THINK i got the new one on there and hot glued it down. i have never lost video. BUT ill lose RC at 75 feet but then i flew 2200 feet today and lost it there, but also lost it a few times in between. to clarify. the wi fi pads are for video, the single antenae or the longest cable at the bottom is for RC control

Oh boy, that's a problem for sure. You will have to solder the U.FL connector back on the board to be effective. I'm guessing the socket came off the board. Very delicate procedure needing a good iron with temperature control. This shouldn't happen easily and wonder if the original solder was cold. A series of production units having cold solders could explain why some have terrible range out of the box. Pictures?
If repairs fail you're not too bad off as the replacement controller for the Standard is reasonably priced (compared to the Adv/Pro).
Yes, the two cables going to the patch antennas are 2.4GHz and the single going to the center external antenna is 5.8Ghz control.

I think it has to be the area you fly, I sent mine out in one direction that I have a good elevation over it to 9000 ft, lost video signa,, but another direction from the very same take off point I get 3500 ft away and loose video. If yourr take off point is from a high elevation where see a long ways, it will go long ways with video.
Ya mines straight out over water

Today I went 1.6 miles with my p3s with a simple home made windsurfer I printed out a template from tom tech time and modified it for the p3s and I have been using aluminum foil wrapped around the antenna but decided to try this and doubled my distance got 8800 feet could have probably gone a little further but decide to head back because I was over water

I got only 300 meters more, nevertheless, I'm waiting on my dbs ite01_v.1, gets a couple miles out according to many utube video tests.. $109.00

Oh boy, that's a problem for sure. You will have to solder the U.FL connector back on the board to be effective. I'm guessing the socket came off the board. Very delicate procedure needing a good iron with temperature control. This shouldn't happen easily and wonder if the original solder was cold. A series of production units having cold solders could explain why some have terrible range out of the box. Pictures?
If repairs fail you're not too bad off as the replacement controller for the Standard is reasonably priced (compared to the Adv/Pro).
Yes, the two cables going to the patch antennas are 2.4GHz and the single going to the center external antenna is 5.8Ghz control.
it is on of the two wifi connections, my video quality hasnt been affected at all. i DO have another remote coming. only thing that is whacked is my distance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez