Zenmuse H3-2D Firmware 1.02 Update

Reaction score
http://www.dji-innovations.com/download/zenmuse-h3-2d-gimbal-downloads/

July 12, 2013
DJI released Firmware 1.02, Assistant Software 1.02 & User Manual 1.06 for Zenmuse H3-2D .

What’s new?

Change the pitch control channel of WKM to X3 Channel;
Add Hibernation Mode for gimbal protection. In the condition that the camera is not mounted on the gimbal the gimbal will enter into Hibernation Mode, in which the gimbal is out of control from Transmitter. You must mount the camera correctly and power cycle the system to activate the gimbal;
Add Hibernation Mode for gimbal protection. When certain external forces act on the gimbal, it will enter Hibernation Mode too. You must take notes to avoid too large forces affecting the normal working status of gimbal and power cycle the system to activate the gimbal.

Assistant software

Change the pitch control channel of WKM to X3 Channel.

User Manual

Change the pitch control channel of WKM to X3 Channel.
Add description of Hibernation Mode for gimbal protection.

*Please upgrade the autopilot system to the latest Firmware.

WKM

NAZA-M V2

NAZA-M

Assistant Software

V2.00(or above)

V2.12(or above)

V2.12(or above)

Firmware Version

V5.22(or above)

V3.12(or above)

V3.12(or above)

So is this the magic cure that means all the gimbals that have survived this far will carry on working?

Hi guys - A first poster here, and a newbie to this stuff. I have installed the H32D on my phantom today, and it SEEMS to be working OK. I can see X1 moving in Naza Assist when I pitch the gimbal using a screw driver in the back of the standard Phantom TX - and I think it's calibrated after choosing where the centre seems to be and pressing the calibrate button?

My problem is after downloading the gimbal assistant software (1.02) - I can't seem to do anything to get the program to recognise it's plugged directly to the Zenmuse GCU via its mini USB port. When going to the upgrade function in the software, it can't see the gimbal so I can't update it. And now I see there is a 1.4 firmware update released only days after 1.2!

What's the trick to get the software to see the gimbal so I can upgrade??? With the problems many are encountering I'm not confident to take off or even leave this thing powered on without at least one update from the factory settings it arrived with.

Have tried unplugging/plugging while program runs etc.

Thanks for any tips or similar experiences...

I having the same problem. Any solutions?

Thanks,

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Julian Fisher said:
What's the trick to get the software to see the gimbal so I can upgrade???

You need to connect to,the USB port of the gimbal-control-box-thingie (or whatever it's called). You likely won't have a USB cable that will fit, so use the one already in the Phantom.

tmcgowan said:
I having the same problem. Any solutions?

Thanks,

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I figured out what my problem was, the ribbon cable connector at the gimble mount had come loose. Once I reseated it, the software recognized the Zenmuse module and I was able to proceed with the firmware upgrades.

So far, so good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart