Your Favorite Quotes Thread

Reaction score
Post up your favorite quotes. I have many.................... probably more politics and government ones than any other. So I'll start of with a few of them. You can post any quotes you like, though. Any topic that you like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them. ~ Lily Tomlin

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald R. Ford

The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government. ~ Thomas Jefferson

One of my "really" favorite ones from Einstein.................... Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. ~ Albert Einstein

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. ~ Thomas Jefferson

The world is not going to be saved by legislation. ~ William Howard Taft

The control of information is something the elite always does, particularly in a despotic form of government. Information, knowledge, is power. If you can control information, you can control people. ~ Tom Clancy

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao Tzu

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be. ~ Lao Tzu

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. ~ Robert A. Heinlein

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~ Carl Sagan

When the people learn they can vote themselves money, that will signal the end of the republic. - Benjamin Franklin

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could. ~ William F. Buckley, Jr. <____ this, from one of the most conservative men ever born.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there "are" other views. ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

When it comes to the economy, if you're not confused, you're simply not paying attention... ~ Anon

Reactions: dirkclod
Unknown.jpeg
.._ Arnold Schwarzenenegger

Last edited:
“There ain't no seven day waiting period for a rear naked choke, or half nelson, or a 12 pound logging chain to the face” - Donnie Baker

HWTpZ0.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Side story. My son went through ROTC in college and went to Afghanistan. I showed him this quote when he was young and never knew the impact until before he deployed. He came home with a tattoo on his side. And when I said show it to me, he said "I'll never forget the day you shared this. If focused me and I never forgot it."
Needless to say, I was a little proud!

Reactions: snerd
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Side story. My son went through ROTC in college and went to Afghanistan. I showed him this quote when he was young and never knew the impact until before he deployed. He came home with a tattoo on his side. And when I said show it to me, he said "I'll never forget the day you shared this. If focused me and I never forgot it."
Needless to say, I was a little proud!
Good story. Whether you know it or not, your kids soak up everything you say and do. All of it.

"Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public"
And
"you can do anything you want to the American People as long as you do it slow enough".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl