You guys prolly already know this, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
"On October 27, the FAA issued three Permanent Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) creating restrictions for the airspace surrounding major sporting events and the Disney properties in Anaheim CA and Orlando FL. The new flight restrictions permanently prohibit the operation of unmanned and radio-controlled model aircraft within roughly 3.5 miles of both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks. The restrictions are also in place for a period of one hour before and one hour after major sporting events."

This is no surprise, but what is surprising to me is that FAA is actually acting!!!

Actually what they mean is that the decision is permanent, i.e. not subject to any exceptions, but these restrictions will be in effect during certain times, i. e. when there is a sporting event. (Permanent decision about a partial restriction).

If they had said that the restrictions are temporarily permanent, it would have meant a temporary decision about a full restriction.

I bet they didn't bother defining what "major" means regarding "major sporting events". Crowd size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen