Would you prefer a mavic 2 or P5?

Mavic 2 or P5?

• Phantom 5

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Mavic 2

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Phantom 5 if it's done right. Dual lense HD camera with integrated fpv goggles that run with a wireless feed. More speed & thinner airframe plus HD in the goggles would make a dream bird. Longer battery life also take out the restrictions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Would you prefer the mavic 2 or the phantom 5 were to come out?

Both, because I have not yet got a Mavic Mk1 and a Phantom Pro 4 :)
I have P1, P2 , P3Adv. P4, Solo x 2 & Typhoon H

To me both Mavic and Pro4 is still an Mk1 stage.
Mavic is size wise and Pro4 is the 1" camera being something I hope DJI will improve.

Mavic size is small enough, I am hoping for Mk2 improvement, after all Mavic Mk1 is a new breed/platform.
I am amazed at Mavic size and capability, but Mk1 platform it is , I rather wait.

Pro4, its 4K60P video is not there yet. Let's hope Ambarella better video chip in 2017 can help.
Pro4 uses Amba H1 Inside the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
I want to see Amba H2 https://www.ambarella.com/products/flying-cameras#H2
Amba H2 should improve the 4K60p and it can do 60p in H265 too.
It can do 4K120fps , so I hope no more crappy line skipping 4K60p the Pro4 is doing now...for Pro5.

Next improvement I want to see for Pro5 or Mavic Mk2 is how like 3DR Solo "marry" its gimbal to the flight controller. 3DR Solo gimbal and flight controller are like 2-in-1 system where if the pilot is good with pre-programmed move or smart shots as they call it , the gimbal action is in line with the flight controller and not re-active to the flight controller. I don't know how to explain better, but if one own Solo and a seasoned video guy, they will know what I mean.

Me I like all these flying toys, but I need to slow down on the collection and jumping to only an Mk2 of any new DJI platform sounds reasonable. :)

My 2.5 cents.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
I've heard rumblings that theP5 will be released on April 15th. If that is the case wouldn't DJI have released teaser videos by now?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom