Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Would you move to Phantom Visio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colombus, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Colombus

Sep 6, 2013
    I just though to share some thoughts. Currently I have a Phantom 1.0, FTP gear: Immersion 600 MW and Fatshark Attitude, Camera, anti jello camera mount and soon (waiting for delivery) I will have iOSD mini.

Thinking about Phantom Visio, I realized that what i currently have is outperforming what Phantom Visio could offer me.
    - FTP rage I guess will be better with my Immersion Vtx 600 mw (around 2 KM range)
    - As far as I know I wont be able to use my Fatshark with the Visio, a bit showstopper for me.
    - Camera, I do cannot really compare
    - Telemetry I should have the equivalent telemetry once I have iOSD mini installed
    + The only real point is the flying time.

In conclusion I expect that DJI will offer a way to convert Phantom 1.0, 1.1.1 to the new battery designed for Phantom visio, If this will be possible in the future, I would really never consider to move to Phantom Visio.

2. Miika

Aug 31, 2013
    This is probably one of the reasons DJI wont be releasing a kit to transform your V1 to run on V2 batteries... I'm satisfied with V1, but the only thing that would make me want to jump in Phantom 2 (which is same as Vision, but without camera setup) is to prolonged flight time. Being able to fly 20-25 minutes on a single battery... dont know if its ever even close to possible with V1.
  3. Ksc

Jul 6, 2013
    for the price tag of the vision, you could setup your current phantom with dual batteries, better props, gimbal, and fpv and get a close to 18 minute flight. not to mention still have money left over. I'm not sure that extra 7 minutes is really worth the extra coin. it would have to come down to the app. its the only thing you wouldn't have. I don't have a Facebook so uploading pics to Facebook on the fly isn't a value to me. If the phantom 2 has a 25 minute flight time without a camera and can come in under $700, I can see that being a hit. Problem is, will flight time decrease when I add a gimbal and fpv? if so, then whats the point? keep the phantom 1 at 18 minutes.