Worth buying P3 now?

It's still an option. There are plenty of P3A and P3P units available here.
Is that true? That DJI has stop manufacturing the P3A and P3P ? How about the Standard ?

The P3 4K is the only version not available on DJI's website anymore.
IMO, with the P4 being under $1k during sales, there's a good chance the Pro and Adv will be discontinued as it doesn't appear DJI is willing to reduce the price of the P3 lineup much more.

The P3 4K is the only version not available on DJI's website anymore.
IMO, with the P4 being under $1k during sales, there's a good chance the Pro and Adv will be discontinued as it doesn't appear DJI is willing to reduce the price of the P3 lineup much more.
I had thought it was only the P3K that was being discontinued, not the others.

ba56b19bb64bd88cfabace1bd4a056d2.jpg

Got my refurb P3S today... [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm going to keep my P3S until the P5x comes out. Then do an upgrade. The P3 is a great buy and great value right now.

Heck, people are still buying 3DR Solos. 3DR stopped production of them and got out of the drone business sometime last year. Best Buy has been running on and off fire sales on them for a while.

Reactions: KiwiBird
Phantom 3 standard is perfect for your first one. Upgrade later down the road.
I agree with Microraptor, the main difference is the camera (the 4 has a better one) and more than likely you will not need the better camera unless you plan on doing commercial, then you can upgrade later. Personally I can't see myself ever upgrading to the P4 from my P3S as I don't need the better camera.

Guys... another question...
Is the Gimble of P3S detachable? I was thinking on my first few flight when I will just practice the maneuvering of the drone I will just the camera system out so that in worst case of accidents I don't make much mess to the camera.!

Is the Gimble of P3S detachable? I was thinking on my first few flight when I will just practice the maneuvering of the drone I will just the camera system out so that in worst case of accidents I don't make much mess to the camera.!
No, it is permanently installed on the drone.

Just leave it and don't fly like a nut and you'll be fine, it's not worth not having a FPV on your device, nor any telemetry.

No, it is permanently installed on the drone.
Not so, you can just unplug it. Even though I wouldn't in his case. How else do you think you repair or replace it when needed.

I'll never buy the newest drone right when it comes out. Too many issues to work out, price point is too high, the next new thing is ALWAYS right around the corner. I'll always wait and buy a couple models back once the price drops. Now if this were more than just a hobby...different story.

I'll never buy the newest drone right when it comes out. Too many issues to work out, price point is too high, the next new thing is ALWAYS right around the corner. I'll always wait and buy a couple models back once the price drops. Now if this were more than just a hobby...different story.

Agree with you that new models have a number of glitches. My arguement is that the P3A and Pro are now overpriced imo. DJI is NOT dropping the price as you suggested on these 2 models and as time goes by, there seem to be less sales on the Adv and Pro than what was available in mid 2016. The P4 has been as low as $850 recently, yet the 3Pro is $799. DJI doesn't seem too interested in reducing the price of the Adv and Pro - these seem to be the floor prices. They will discontinue the Adv and Pro before dropping them much more.

Not so, you can just unplug it. Even though I wouldn't in his case. How else do you think you repair or replace it when needed.
Sure it can come off but what I mean to say is it is not intended to come off to fly without the camera. Will the drone even fly without the camera/gimbal installed?

Sure it can come off but what I mean to say is it is not intended to come off to fly without the camera. Will the drone even fly without the camera/gimbal installed?
I agree that leaving it on is always better. Every once in awhile someone starts a thread just like this one, asking about taking it off because their afraid to break it. But than you loose having a FPV (the camera) on your device, any telemetry (height, distance, drone orientation, battery %) because you've also disconnected the wifi antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart