Worth buying P3 now?

I bought my drone back during the black friday sale that DJI had, i paid 400 for it. Although, I had to wait about 10 to 15 days before it shipped, due to influx of holiday sales. But it has been definitely the best bang for your buck drone sold by DJI. I would definitely recommend for a beginner like myself.

Yes, I am also looking forward to getting one soon.

Reactions: Reeder_The_Rabbit
Purchased my P3 Standard right after Christmas for 399 at Best Buy. Have flown it about 5 times and I love it. It's been awesome so far and really fun to fly. Go get one!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great! glad that you are having fun with it. I will be getting my as soon possible and will post my experience ! Cheers!

As with most technologies (computers, cameras, phones and TVs, to name a few), waiting will always give you something better for less money. Eventually, a drone similar to the current P4 will cost less than $500, but if you follow this logic, you will never buy anything as there will ALWAYS be somehing better around the corner.

I bought my P3S refurbished from DJI for $359, shipping and taxes included, then added a second battery for $100, a case for $25 (!!) and various accessories (landing gear brace, windsurfer, lanyard, tablet mount, etc). It's a good setup which allows me to learn a lot without breaking the bank.

Hi,

How's your experience with refurbished one? Drone being a very complex and delicate piece of equipment I was wondering if refurbished ones look and feel like new, then I will also go for the same.

"I bought my P3S refurbished from DJI for $359, shipping and taxes included, then added a second battery for $100, a case for $25 (!!) and various accessories (landing gear brace, windsurfer, lanyard, tablet mount, etc). It's a good setup which allows me to learn a lot without breaking the bank.[/QUOTE]

Bobcatmo go the P3S picked up his and i flew it for a moment while in JAX loved it......but i am guilty as i put the RC bug in his ear...my question is the obstacle sensory offered on the P4 worth it and what do you edit a 4k camera video with? Got the AMA EXPO in my backyard this weekend will hit the booth up maybe get the P4 with a 2.7k camera

Editing 4K video can be edited with most NLE (including Premier Elements and Movie Studio) as most programs can either down rez automatically for you and/or create proxies (lower rez files for editing then when rendering uses the 4k files - allows low spec computers to work with 4k files).

Reactions: upintheair
Hi,

How's your experience with refurbished one? Drone being a very complex and delicate piece of equipment I was wondering if refurbished ones look and feel like new, then I will also go for the same.

So far so good, really happy with it. I looked at my P3S from every angle when I got it and it was perfect, like new, not a single scratch or anything that would indicate it had a "history". I also like the fact that DJI refurbished units are covered by the very same 1-year warranty that applies to new products.

As with most technologies (computers, cameras, phones and TVs, to name a few), waiting will always give you something better for less money. Eventually, a drone similar to the current P4 will cost less than $500, but if you follow this logic, you will never buy anything as there will ALWAYS be somehing better around the corner.

I bought my P3S refurbished from DJI for $359, shipping and taxes included, then added a second battery for $100, a case for $25 (!!) and various accessories (landing gear brace, windsurfer, lanyard, tablet mount, etc). It's a good setup which allows me to learn a lot without breaking the bank.

I ordered a refurb yesterday. I was a little nervous ordering a refurb. Has your worked okay and how long did it to you to get it. They are saying mine will be about a month.

P3S is a great entry level drone and an inexpensive way to get yourself into the DJI products.

As you work up the product line, drones like the Mavic, P4 Pro and the new Inspire 2 offer DJI Care Refresh. Basically its a 1 year "crash plan" insurance. The price is based on the drone and you can get a replacement twice in 12 months. You pay a small replacement fee each time to get the new one. We have seen a lot of new pilots buying a Mavic get it. For the Mavic the cost is $99 for DJI Care Refresh and if you break the drone, gimbal, camera, etc you send back the broken one and they send you a new one. First replacement is $79 and the second one it a little more. Definitely better than $1000 for a new one and gives new pilots a little comfort knowing they don't total their new drone at $1000 a piece.

I'm not saying you should buy a more expensive drone to be able to buy insurance for it because at $399 (less for a refurb) you already have a nice entry point and a great product - but as you go up the line if you are a little nervous just check out the DJI Care Refresh.

@Boog0822: If you decide to get a Mavic we have a few left that ship out on Saturday.

Fly safe...

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Perhaps my needs are little different than most here, what I wanted was a relative inexpensive way to see how I would use a drone in some travelogs I am doing. No desire to fly miles away nor push the boundaries of flight. I want to see if I could develop the skills to photographically use a drone and if I need to buy 4K for "real" work now (would like my next drone to be a phantom PRO or inspire). Most of my work is now 4K based but after trying the 2.7K and letter boxing and also uprezing it, I felt the standard would be a very good way to learn to fly a real drone as well as get some usable footage. The $359 refurb is a great deal, the New Egg at $314 was a very, very good deal. I've bought a lot of fairly expensive camera gear refurb and have found refurb equipment to be very good. Just make sure whoever you buy from is a solid firm with a good refund/replacement policy. I was not sure I wanted a drone as a video platform, so the Standard at this price was a simply a low risk choice. Probably the most I will invest in the standard is a inexpensive case and a $12 parabolic booster. But it my feeling after reading a lot of web stuff, that in fact the standard is a very good solution, perhaps the best, as a first real drone especially at the current prices from DJI for new and refurbs.

My only advice would be buy the advanced, not the standard. There is significant hardware advantages over the advanced model than the standard.

My only advice would be buy the advanced, not the standard. There is significant hardware advantages over the advanced model than the standard.
As an owner of phantom standard I would have to agree. After adding a DBS, amps and power supply to my RC I could have bought the advanced close to the same price. But I wouldn't have had all that fun doing the modifications. Now my craft does about the same range as the advanced.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Aircraft with 3-Axis Gimbal and 2.7k Camera (DJI Official Refurbish)-Newegg.com
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Aircraft with 3-Axis Gimbal and 2.7k Camera (DJI Official Refurbish)
314.00 free shipping

I bought this Wednesday from Newegg. Unfortunately it has not shipped yet. Still in processing. I have been checking every 30 minutes to see if it has shipped. Newegg also has a better price on DJI battery than Amazon has listed. I think it is only like a $6 difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor