Word of advice. Mark ur phantom with your phone number! By a GPS tracking device to mount to It!

get a bracket like this for it but for a p4
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

upload_2016-8-23_22-12-30.png

Remember if you have a fly away quickly switch the P S Atti switch back and forth and back to your original setting. This will help reconnect the bird. I have also seen it work by unplugging the tablet or phone you are using. When u unplug them the controller will still work, but it doesn't allow the bird to access your tablet in case for some reason your tablet is sending mixed signals.

Reactions: JWH
Does the Trackimo have a magnetic attachment, will this interfere with the compass?
it comes with one you can put on but just set it to side and don't use it

If you experience a fly a way cant you just flip it into A mode and fly manually once you realize its flying away?

If you experience a fly a way cant you just flip it into A mode and fly manually once you realize its flying away?
sometimes. sometimes not has a mind of its own but flyaways are rare

I just ordered a Trackimo 3g for my Phantom 4. I am new to flying Drones.... can someone please recommend the best way and the best location to mount the Trackimo to my P4
Be careful mounting the trackers on any type of bar or gimbal guard under the P4. Gimbal guards have been shown to cause a yoyo affect and even have brought down P4's because they interfere with the sensors under the P4.

I have a mini-GPS tracker on my phantom. Look for TK102b on eBay.
It requires a SIM card but with pay as you go plans it is still reasonable.
I charge it up before flights. You just call the phone number associated with the sim and it sends you a text method with the gps co-ordinates in the form of a hyperlink. Click on that and it opens up google maps with the location.

Fortunately I haven't had to rely on it yet.

I originally bought the trackimo but it came dead and there was no reply from customer service- so I can't recommend that one.

Of course you need to be flying somewhere with reliable cell service.

I have the Trackimo AND a Tile on my bird: Trackimo for getting close and Tile for getting even closer [emoji106].

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I don't understand why people spend $1400 plus more on their drones and equipment and don't buy insurance, you can buy a policy from State Farm in many states for $60-$75 a year to cover yourself in case of loss.

I don't understand why people spend $1400 plus more on their drones and equipment and don't buy insurance, you can buy a policy from State Farm in many states for $60-$75 a year to cover yourself in case of loss.

I just talked to State farm yesterday. Thet only want $30 a year to cover me up to $5000, however they will only do it as an add-on and say I must buy renters insurance, which is $240 per year.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

I just talked to State farm yesterday. Thet only want $30 a year to cover me up to $5000, however they will only do it as an add-on and say I must buy renters insurance, which is $240 per year.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

What state are in you, I'm in Florida, I didn't need to buy any other policy and then get a rider for the drone, I would call a few other agents, I initially spoke with 2-3 that said they didn't cover drones. I have a personal articles policy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be careful mounting the trackers on any type of bar or gimbal guard under the P4. Gimbal guards have been shown to cause a yoyo affect and even have brought down P4's because they interfere with the sensors under the P4.
Could you elaborate more on this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl