Wish they could easily do this for the Phantom

the Vision series camera just wasn't designed to do that. Products evolve, and one of the biggest negatives about the Vision series vs the GoPro was that the Vision series camera is useless except on the Phantom. DJI took that feedback and designed the Inspire's camera to be much more easily removed and functional off the quad than the Vision's.

DJI (and many product manufacturers) likes to progress forward and not really make much effort towards backwards compatibility. I seriously doubt they're developing any kind of product to perform that function for the Vision series... I'd bet money on it ;)

you want the cool new feature? gotta buy the new product.

If you have a gopro buy a cheap ebay gimbal and make one, I had one on a six foot broom handle worked great. The gimbal with controller was all self contained just plug in a small 3s lipo and off you go

QYV said:
I seriously doubt they're developing any kind of product to perform that function for the Vision series... I'd bet money on it ;)
I definitely won't bet against you on this ;)

Can you run H33D independently with just any 3s lipo power and nothing else? Or is there more to it?

I have a 3rd party gimbal and that's what I do.

Chuck67 said:
If you have a gopro buy a cheap ebay gimbal and make one, I had one on a six foot broom handle worked great. The gimbal with controller was all self contained just plug in a small 3s lipo and off you go

I've thought about making one with a gimbal...

And if you want, you can get them already made for about $300. I know PhotoJoJo sells them. I've seen them on eBay too.

witold said:
Can you run H33D independently with just any 3s lipo power and nothing else? Or is there more to it?

I have a 3rd party gimbal and that's what I do.

The Zenmuse H3-3D was designed specifically for use with the Phantom 2, as such I don't really see any reason to run another gimbal unless cost is a major factor for you, I think you can get cheap, non-Zenmuse gimbals that work on a P2 in the low to mid $100's range.... but if you're patient enough I bought a perfectly functional, what appears to be brand new H3-3D with a scuffed up, opened to verify components BOX (the gimbal was in new condition) on Ebay for about $190US. They easily go for the low $200's, I spent about 3-4 weeks of close watching on all Zenmuse gimbal auctions before I was able to snag one at that price. My point is you DEFINITELY shouldn't spend retail ($379) for a H3-3D if you just want to buy one by itself and save some money.

Make sure to get the Phantom 2 version though, there IS another version with a controller that isn't necessary for P2's.

QYV said:
The Zenmuse H3-3D was designed specifically for use with the Phantom 2, as such I don't really see any reason to run another gimbal unless cost is a major factor for you, I think you can get cheap, non-Zenmuse gimbals that work on a P2 in the low to mid $100's range.... but if you're patient enough I bought a perfectly functional, what appears to be brand new H3-3D with a scuffed up, opened to verify components BOX (the gimbal was in new condition) on Ebay for about $190US. They easily go for the low $200's, I spent about 3-4 weeks of close watching on all Zenmuse gimbal auctions before I was able to snag one at that price. My point is you DEFINITELY shouldn't spend retail ($379) for a H3-3D if you just want to buy one by itself and save some money.

Make sure to get the Phantom 2 version though, there IS another version with a controller that isn't necessary for P2's.

I'm happy with 3rd party gimbal I have. I was just curious if H33D can be taken off and run off of a lipo like any other gimbal...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl