Wireless Charging Phone

Reaction score
Hi
I'm sure this has been asked before but I have had no lick finding anything from my searches so...

If I had a phone or tablet that had a wireless charging function such as with a Samsung could I charge the device at the same time as being connected to the Phantom controller via USB.

Thanks
Peter

If I had a phone or tablet that had a wireless charging function such as with a Samsung could I charge the device at the same time as being connected to the Phantom controller via USB.

I don't see how you could do this. I used a Qi wireless system at home and in my truck for a while. Where are you going to put your coil charging plate? How would you power the plate?

SB

Some Phantoms require that the phone be plugged into the controller, in which case it would charge via the wire, and other Phantoms don't require being plugged in. You don't mention what Phantom you have. If it's plugged into the controller it will charge. I don't know how wireless charging would come into play. Are you going to place a wireless charger into the phone somehow so it charges? That really makes no sense.

The Phantom 3A/3P controller produce somewhere around .1 amp from the cable, too low to charge a phone/tablet.

SB

I have currently got a P3P and yes the controller does trickle charge but at a very low rate that is basically not charging.
Sagebrush - you can get bare QI pads that are less than 1mm so size isn't too much of an issue.

My theory is that I would charge the phone with QI at a high rate from a separate battery pack and still have the phone connected to the controller via USB. I currently have and iPhone but I'm looking for an upgrade so a Samsung might be of benefit if this works.
Peter

Reactions: Sagebrush
I have currently got a P3P and yes the controller does trickle charge but at a very low rate that is basically not charging.
Sagebrush - you can get bare QI pads that are less than 1mm so size isn't too much of an issue.

My theory is that I would charge the phone with QI at a high rate from a separate battery pack and still have the phone connected to the controller via USB. I currently have and iPhone but I'm looking for an upgrade so a Samsung might be of benefit if this works.
Peter

Give it a go. Me? I'll just run with a full charge. ; )

SB

Unfortunately a full charge doesn't always last the time you require, especially if your on a job.

Would you like to test if it works?

Peter

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart