Wind surfer Antenna mod

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask if the wind surfer antenna mod is Wirth it or will it damage the controller?

Will it increase the the range?

Thanks .. Ps. Dji phantom 4 series leaked photos shows a larger battery slot- increased flight time maybe :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes it helps cheap way to get better range had one now installed argtek

Great- I will try this out and then do the argtek

I just installed the argtek a couple days ago - haven't flown with it yet due to weather - hope it helps. Took me about 30 minutes to install. Pic provided. I'll post my results when I can.

Attachments

• 20160223_162134.jpg
    20160223_162134.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 659
looks good now you will have to upgrade your holder

B I'm guessing argtek is for the standard /4k wifi models only wonder if will work on professional /advance

yep

Looks great Melvin - please post results- very interested in this mod. Flying the bird this weekend in NY - 59 degrees - cheers all

here is mine with it on
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

Yea, don't fall for the copper over the aluminum reflector material.
Shape, surface smoothness, and proper antenna alignment (good bracketing)are the most important.

Yea, don't fall for the copper over the aluminum reflector material.
Shape, surface smoothness, and proper antenna alignment (good bracketing)are the most important.
I think pointing your antenna to the right direction is the most important factor with this mod. It is very sensitive even for a 10 degree angle move especially with this kind of distance.

Naturally... the gain is obtained by means of directivity so it will become sensitive to alignment.
But that's after you buy it.

The items I listed were for purchasing consideration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl