Will you insure your Phantom 3 Standard?

well, update- im cancelling the insurance today. returning the phantom standard- going to get the P3pro. im gonna see if i get same deal and coverage
You can probably transfer the coverage to your new Phantom.

I am amazed at this ..... I have been flying RCmodels for more years than I care to admit ... over 50yrs .... and in UK - we could not insure the model itself ... only consequences if it caused incident.

Nigel

agent has replied. same coverage- just sending her the invoice and serial number of the device. premium is the same, $60 annual for quads under $4800 value.

Reactions: Squirrel!
agent has replied. same coverage- just sending her the invoice and serial number of the device. premium is the same, $60 annual for quads under $4800 value.
Wow... That's really a great deal dude... Better than what DJI will do with their crappy warranty.

looks like i can pick up a mini ipad 2 or 4 and include it as a rig on the remote control of the quad as well. hmmmm

Reactions: macoman
*Update*
returned the P3s in replacement of P3P. same coverage, this time I included Ipad mini 4 cellular- extra battery and memory card all under the same coverage. sent invoice and serial # of the device on agent. I receive the confirmation email, just waiting for the written policy on mail.

*Update*
returned the P3s in replacement of P3P. same coverage, this time I included Ipad mini 4 cellular- extra battery and memory card all under the same coverage. sent invoice and serial # of the device on agent. I receive the confirmation email, just waiting for the written policy on mail.
Nice!!

Actually had to use my insurance. A bird sent my Mavic into a pond. Called them up, they asked a few simple questions, and then told me my check is in the mail. Should have it within a week.

Actually had to use my insurance. A bird sent my Mavic into a pond. Called them up, they asked a few simple questions, and then told me my check is in the mail. Should have it within a week.

I hate to fly close to birds... on my last flight, there were Canadian geese close to me and when they saw my drone, they look like want to attack it. Fortunately I land my drone safe and left the area.

I usually land and leave when there are birds that look interested too.
But remember, if one is coming straight at you, left stick fully forward. This makes you go straight up, a maneuver that birds cannot accomplish. Or, so I am told......

I usually land and leave when there are birds that look interested too.
But remember, if one is coming straight at you, left stick fully forward. This makes you go straight up, a maneuver that birds cannot accomplish. Or, so I am told......

That's what I was thinking before if I saw a bird flying directly to my drone. Going up will allow you to go where that bird can't.

I am amazed at this ..... I have been flying RCmodels for more years than I care to admit ... over 50yrs .... and in UK - we could not insure the model itself ... only consequences if it caused incident.

Nigel
My normal house contents insurance covers all my aircraft (6 multirotors, all with at least one camera) even when in use. I've never had to claim but I got it in writing from two different companies when I renewed.
I'd like the idea of a 'standalone' policy for the same reasons as already discussed here, but I don't know of any in the UK.

OK...WHO was called, WHAT was asked, and WHAT was offered? So out of the blue I call State Farm and say 'I'd like to buy drone insurance that will pay me to replace it if I crash it.', how would the agent reply?

I ask because I googled State Farm drone insurance and the closest I get is a Personal Articles policy. Is that what you have?

Personal Articles Policy – State Farm™

I'm surprised because generally as in UK etc. - model coverage is not available but the consequences of a models crash to property / persons is insurable as Third Party Risk.

Interesting.

Nigel

OK...WHO was called, WHAT was asked, and WHAT was offered? So out of the blue I call State Farm and say 'I'd like to buy drone insurance that will pay me to replace it if I crash it.', how would the agent reply?

I ask because I googled State Farm drone insurance and the closest I get is a Personal Articles policy. Is that what you have?

Personal Articles Policy – State Farm[emoji769]

Yes. It's a personal article policy. State Farm is the only ones I've found that will do it. And it's the only policy I have with them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing