Will there be a PHANTOM V PRO in 2018?

Great predictions.
DJI Should hire you.
And also 2018 they should give estern style customer support and skip the "We will treat you like chinese people" attitude

I have an Inspire 1 , Spark ; Mavic and Cosmo. Have lost a few Phantoms

I would love to have slightly bigger sensors on Spark and Mavic Pro.

I think the big questions is where Phantom is going. The only reason to buy it instead of the Spark/Mavic is actually the bigger sensor.

I would consider a phantom if was smaller and easier to fold for travelling.
As now I would never use a Phantom when I travel.

Perhaps they will also come out with Phantom 5 beast that will carry the Hasselblad stuff.
Or a smaller lens you could change on the Sony 1 inch sensor

Look forward to the DJI Go 5

But please first of all give us decent customer support instead of "DJI NO CARE" attitude.

My dream list for DJI is to have Apple acquire them and take over the customer support function. Let DJI keep their focus on the needs of the drone market in terms of useable function from the drones, gymbals, and cameras.

I would also like to see obstacle avoidance upward to round out a full avoidance capability. I often fly under objects. In the northeast, there often is overhead cover by branches of very tall trees. I want to fly under the natural canopies.

My photographic needs don’t need more speed and my acceptance of VLOS don’t require more range.

Finally, I’d like water resistance or water proofing so I can feel comfortable flying in light rain or snow.

If Apple buys DJI, then the cost will skyrocket and be out of reach for many.

Bottom line...we at their mercy!
Having said that.....I have a P4 and having flown military aircraft, I am really impressed with what this aircraft can do. Only wish there weren't so many restrictions. The FAA Part 107 test covers more than an Ultralight pilot needs to know...and it has a pilot on-board. We just stand on the ground and fly. I believe it is because of all the irresponsible drone flyers that fly before it acquires a GPS signal, flies above 400 AGL, flies the drone out of sight, don't set their RTH altitude, fly over people, houses, moving cars....I can go on and on. So when an older drone runs into a house, or building, or falls out of the sky because of one of these reasons, and hurts someone or does damage, the FAA has no choice but to administer all these regulations.
It's just the way it is.....

Weather resistance to allow flying in some light rain, removable lens and/or camera, and inexpensive rtk. These three items would work well for me.

Based on the existing pattern I would expect a P5 release before a P5 Pro or Advanced. May be a small point, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I would love a zoom lens and built in anti-collision strobes to improve visibility of the craft to both drone pilot and manned aircraft pilots. Other neato additions might be a ballistic parachute to let the aircraft down gently in case of total motor failure, or maybe a quick inflating float or buoy to enable recovery after a water crash.Either of those could be the size of a lipstick or Bic lighter.

What bugs?
I've been using P4 pros since they came out without any problems?
You've been lucky you weren't trying to use 4096x2160p at 60fps, and apparently don't fly in any wind that trips the so called gimbal flips (gimbal hits the stop and the camera flips), even with OA turned on, while limiting speed to 30mph, which the P4 tolerated just fine without any flips. Every one of the now 12 P4P's I have owned have had both issues! Neither has yet been fixed! Aside from those two issues, which are easily worked around, once you accept them, the P4P is now mature and otherwise problem free, and the best DJI drone yet!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka