Will the P3 be phased out?

Reaction score
Now that the P4 is out in the market, will DJI phase out the P3? They stopped production of the P2 when the P3 came out right?

At half or less than half the price of the P4, they'd be killing off a lot of potential business if they stopped P3 production at this point.

Reactions: QuadBart
You can still buy the P2 directly from DJI but not the P2 Vision + I don't think the P3 will stop being produced anytime in the next year or two.

What do you mean my "phased out"? Eventually, sure. Will there be plenty of stock for sale for months? Most likely.

To me, there is far less difference between the P3 to P4 then the P2v to the P3. Also, DJI is lowering the price of the P3s.

Without a doubt the P3 line will be discontinued.... BUT not before the Phantom line is replaced with comparable price point P4s.

I do expect DJI to come out with an under $1000 P4 by the early fall. Obviously it will be a watered down P4 (possibly lacking obstacle avoidance & light bridge).

Without a doubt the P3 line will be discontinued.... BUT not before the Phantom line is replaced with comparable price point P4s.

I do expect DJI to come out with an under $1000 P4 by the early fall. Obviously it will be a watered down P4 (possibly lacking obstacle avoidance & light bridge).

You mean a P3 4K? Because that's all it would be without those features lol.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
I'm waiting to see what they come out with next. I think they will come with a P4 with some new technology in a couple months. Then another P4 that builds on that one. Just as they built on the P3 series.

Considering the type of hobby this is I would think that evolution will continue and older versions will fade out, even if the P3P was out of production wouldn't make it any less fun for those of us that have them, if and when if crashes or becomes not cost effective to fix then it gets replaced

Considering the type of hobby this is I would think that evolution will continue and older versions will fade out, even if the P3P was out of production wouldn't make it any less fun for those of us that have them, if and when if crashes or becomes not cost effective to fix then it gets replaced
Stop making sense. It ruins it for the rest of us. And the marketing department.

Reactions: Donw35
I'd imagine all the DJI factories are switching production over to the P4 - when stocks of the P3 parts run out, there will probably be no new P3s made. That said, there will probably be thousands of P3 units in various stages of stock / transit around the world. When these are eventually retailed out, then the P3 won't exist to buy. Same as most old models of anything.

I thought I read in the P4 announcement that there would be no other variants of the P4 offered.

As far as the P3 goes, I think with the popularity of the product coupled with the numbers of it out there you will see it around for awhile. But DJI is a popular company that is growing extremely fast. So I doubt you will see much reverse engineering going on for the P3. Like an earlier thread asked if there was a chance that the P4 active track technology would be incorporated into the P3. The P3 is an excellent product and DJI will use their time, money and resources in developing/supportting the newest products unless a major safety or major problematic issue arises. If so then the P3 will get a little more attention. But I don't see them dropping this product for awhile as it has served them well.

I'd imagine all the DJI factories are switching production over to the P4 - when stocks of the P3 parts run out, there will probably be no new P3s made. That said, there will probably be thousands of P3 units in various stages of stock / transit around the world. When these are eventually retailed out, then the P3 won't exist to buy. Same as most old models of anything.

Pretty much this scenario makes sense. I seriously doubt they're still manufacturing the P3 in any real sense of the word.

Pretty much this scenario makes sense. I seriously doubt they're still manufacturing the P3 in any real sense of the word.
Exactly. They would rather sell a $1400 product than a $500 one. It was a great cash cow when the Pro was selling for $1k+. But now it is time to put most of their energy into the P4. And when the P4 is selling a lot less than $1k there will be a different product bringing in the good money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing