Will moisture / water droplets hurt the Phantom?

Reaction score
I have been waiting 5 days for the winds to die down (under 10 MPH) do to my first flight on my Phantom 2 V2. It finally died down today, but it rained last night.

Will the water spraying up from the wet grass harm anything on the phantom? Humidity is probably 95%!

Use something to take off from other than the ground and that won't be an issue .
I keep just one of those real estate signs in the back of my truck to throw down and use it .
Always hand catch mine so wet ground is never an issue for me .

dirkclod said:
Use something to take off from other than the ground and that won't be an issue .
I keep just one of those real estate signs in the back of my truck to throw down and use it .
Always hand catch mine so wet ground is never an issue for me .
+1 I always take off from my case justin case there is something in the ground that could possibly mess with the compas. Enjoy the new quad.

water/little drizzle can hurt the gimbal... I flew in light drizzle and stopped after battery 1. When I put second battery in gimbal did crazy dance. Luckily it stopped and was fine, but thought thats it..gimbals dead. But yeah luckily was fine.

So dont mix with water :)

I've had similar thoughts when it's not actually raining, but there's the slightest possibility of some light sprinkle coming over with limited warning before I can get landed.
No matter how itchy my control stick fingers are from lack of flight time, I generally err on the side of caution and choose not to fly in that instance, because one well placed rain drop - even a tiny one, that got past the props into the motor which is open on the top, could have either no effect, or catastrophic effect, and I'm not prepared to find out which it would be.

I have taken off from wet grass by using the case the quad comes in. I generally always take off from something, just to prevent water, dust, dirt, grass, whatever from being blown up onto the lens and spoiling the footage from the flight, or into the motors and one day causing major problems.

Thanks everyone! Better safe than sorry...

I am going to take off from a plastic box. I realized even if it is dry, the dust and dirt can get kicked up and get in the motor and also scratch the lens on the Gopro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl