Will Litchi be supported on Crystalsky?

Reaction score
Id really like to buy one as it’s darn near impossible to see the display on my iPad in Arizona sunshine. Its just awful and definitely the weakest link in my flying equipment and experience, especially for my old eyes. But it’s a MUST to be able to run Litchi on my equipment, especially for the cost of the CS monitors. Any members have any information about if DJI will ever permit Litchi on the CS or if it’s even possible with the current Crystalsky OS? Appreciate your time and thanks !

If I am not mistaken, CS is Android based. It is possible that it could be done, but doubt that it will be.

Reactions: Archangel3356
Currently the CS does not support apps being downloaded from the google play store because DJI has set up the CS not to support a wide variety of google services including google play. So Litchi would have to modify not just their app but also how they want to distribute their app. Distributing an app via google play is very convenient for many reasons. Trying to reproduce an equally responsive experience or using something like the Amazon app store has certain drawbacks.

Expecting a company like Litchi to rework their app to accommodate the CS requirements is an expensive proposition for them.

The other option is for DJI to allow google services to work on the CS. At this time DJI will not provide a date or even if they plan on having the CS support google services.

Reactions: Archangel3356
Thanks for info, much appreciated. Would love to have a CS but just can’t spend that kind of money to be locked into only the GO app. Not that the Go app isn’t good because it is and I do use it, but I would also have to be able to use Litchi for certain situations. Very unfortunate. Maybe Apple or someone else does some kind of bright display unit. If it lasted 3 hours on a charge it be worth it. As always, thank you.

There are some industrial bright sunlight readable android devices for instance the T71. These are marketed as rugged industrial devices. Here is a link for one of these android tablets

Android rugged tablet 7inch industrial waterproof dual core with 3G GPS Wifi bluetooth camera

The listing doesn't indicate how bright the screen is (in objective terms) other than stating that it has "sunlight readability for outdoor use," which isn't saying much, really.

Many of us have Litchi v 4.0.2 installed on our CS's
Installed by side loading some components of google play services and the Litchi app.

The solution is not the latest version and it's not up-gradeable , but it works and is a viable alternative to DJI Go 4

Reactions: The Ghost
I so want one of these but still holding on for a more finished product. I’m not sure it’s ready for prime time yet and the Arizona heat that will soon be upon us. But I’m waiting for sure in hopes of some improvements on the CS. Thank you all for your time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT