Will DJI Go 4 and P4P get Spark's new flight modes?

Reaction score
From the Spark announcement and DJI store info:

fb6a7b67-efe4-4db8-ae15-2457e7898cfa.jpg

And

cc36d048-dc3b-4c5d-9b7e-ed9d5e6b8118.jpg

And this looks like the new Geo fence they were alluding to...

dd7c8f8b-ff63-4582-872e-d6b4e764bdd8.jpg

The Spark has a "3D" infrared sensor in front, whereas the Mavic and P4P used cameras in front. Might need that infrared in front to work, ruling out some of the gesture modes available on the Spark...

From the Spark announcement and DJI store info:

fb6a7b67-efe4-4db8-ae15-2457e7898cfa.jpg

And

cc36d048-dc3b-4c5d-9b7e-ed9d5e6b8118.jpg

And this looks like the new Geo fence they were alluding to...

dd7c8f8b-ff63-4582-872e-d6b4e764bdd8.jpg
Infrared sensor on front ,,that's what my TV remote got,,,,,,sounds and looks like something that last 5 minutes ,,,

The Spark will last long enough to be flown in every inappropriate way conceivable and thus create even more drone bans.

Reactions: Waternut13134
The Spark will last long enough to be flown in every inappropriate way conceivable and thus create even more drone bans.
For a lot of people $500 for a Spark is still a lot of money to spend on a first time drone purchase there's plenty of cheaper alternatives for people to get in trouble with , maybe not as feature rich though.

I think DJI needs to focus more on the commercial grade drones for pros that want to use bigger cameras like the Red's. Not just provide the aerial platform but have the integration hardware/software to control various cameras in flight. The S-series and M-series drones seem to be useful aerial platforms, but what appears to be lacking is the camera integration thing and it's there where they need to be better. The Spark is a logical step lower but I don't see them going lower still given the cost for the level of tech they tend to use. The other thing that would be nice is to focus on making all there drones quieter.

Brian

For a lot of people $500 for a Spark is still a lot of money to spend on a first time drone purchase there's plenty of cheaper alternatives for people to get in trouble with , maybe not as feature rich though.
True enough, but somehow the Spark seems to bridge the gap from a toy drone to one that could just begin to get a neophyte into some real trouble. Had to happen sometime though.

Reactions: Capo
True enough, but somehow the Spark seems to bridge the gap from a toy drone to one that could just begin to get a neophyte into some real trouble. Had to happen sometime though.

If these become as popular with young people as I think they will, then hopefully they will force governments to back off some of the strict rules (especially the "prohibition" we have in Canada), rather than turn every one into a lawbreaker.

Reactions: smiller
If these become as popular with young people as I think they will, then hopefully they will force governments to back off some of the strict rules (especially the "prohibition" we have in Canada), rather than turn every one into a lawbreaker.
That's an interesting thought, the more people using drones the stronger the pressure will be on regulators for practical and usable regulations, vs. call an unused, unmanned helipad 4.5 miles away.

Reactions: Capo
I've seen them on-line for $550 and try come with a controller and vr googles and 25 min fight time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think this is a better deal for a selfie drone. $300 on Banggood. Gps/glonas, follow me, rth, orbit, vps, face recognition,brushless motors,12 min flight time and some other cool features. Along with being foldable and smaller. Only drawback no optional controller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan