wifi repeater connection failue - wifi not found

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a new phnatom vision+, but have had zero visual.
My Samsung can't see the range extender - only after rebooting the repeater does it come up on the list;
phone is set to not search for signals.
After connection is made I bind the camera (following the recommended route) and 'binding is succesful' comes up.
I return to try and get visual and the connection just drops and the repeater/extender is 'out of range'. And cannot be found again (even though it is lying on the table next to me flashing away.
I made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-3rK9if9w
Please help - frustration is turning to irritation... :twisted:
Thanks,
Marcel

Binding is for the range extender to the vision camera only, you do not need to do this from new.
The phone should just connect to the phantom wifi and that's it, you do not need to do anything else.
I think you will have to read the manual again and re-bind the range extender to the camera, then turn it all off and start again....
I have the S3 and just turn off mobile data and Bluetooth, don't bother with airplane mode, also it can take longer than 30 seconds to connect, so maybe just wait a bit longer.
I would have thought that it needs to be searching for networks in order to find the phantom...

Hi,
I had the same problem with a different phone not seeing the wifi . I found that because I was in the house with my home wifi the phone could not not see the phantom even when the phone was right next to the range extender. I took the phantom out in my front yard and it would hook up just fine. Harbourside is right you do not need to bind any thing when you first get the phantom. It is used only to tell the phantom you have some thing new to add say a nwe controlled or camera.
good luck

Mozzie said:
Hi there,
I have a new phnatom vision+, but have had zero visual.
My Samsung can't see the range extender - only after rebooting the repeater does it come up on the list;
phone is set to not search for signals.
After connection is made I bind the camera (following the recommended route) and 'binding is succesful' comes up.
I return to try and get visual and the connection just drops and the repeater/extender is 'out of range'. And cannot be found again (even though it is lying on the table next to me flashing away.
I made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-3rK9if9w
Please help - frustration is turning to irritation... :twisted:
Thanks,
Marcel

Dont use flymode on mobile, but disable mobiledata in drop Down menu, then it Works.

In an attempt to inject some humor here at my own expense, I'll reveal the cause of the problem (sorry I couldn't respond earlier)...
Pilot error...
It seems I was trying to sync the range extender instead of the camera. :oops:
Insert face-palm HERE Lol
In my defence, the only MAC address is printed on the range extender, right?
Okay, you at the back, stop chuckling - lol
Thanks to all who have responded to a total noob... I appreciate this forum and all who are trying to help. Next time I'll have a more intelligent problem :oops:
Thankfully it is operating perfect so far (a couple of range issues and a crash or two...)
Keep gaining altitude... (aptitude)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl