Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

WiFi Reconnection.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Greyfox51, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Greyfox51

Apologies in advance if this subject has been covered before. I checked briefly but could find nothing that was relevant.

I had my longest flight ever this evening, flying my P2V over very open hill ground into a low sunset. I guess the distance was probably about a mile and a half. I'm using a Nexus 7 as a monitor and the WiFi connection was broken at about 1700 ft, which is usual. My problem is, when I bring the bird back into WiFi range it fails to reconnect and restore visual. Is there something I need to do to reconnect? I checked the wifi status in the app and it confirmed it was connected to the bird, but I still had no visual. Am I missing something obvious here?

2. Greyfox51

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I closed and re-opened the app but it failed to reconnect. All software and firmware is fully up to date. I posted because I wanted to find out if the wifi signal re-connected automatically once the bird was back in range. That clearly isn't happening with me. I guess I shall have to play with it some more. I haven't tried turning the extender off and back on again. Perhaps I should try that.