Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

WiFi modifications

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by smatty2023, Feb 21, 2014.

1. smatty2023

I have added 2 x Dlink 9db antennas to the wifi extender to try and get a longer flight with camera view. I live in quite a built up area so I would imagine I get a lot of interference from other WiFi's, is it worth putting an external 9db plus Ariel on the p2v. Would that give me extra flight distance. Also what is the best type of Ariel I use mine with one horizontal and 1 vertical. Are these the best Ariel's to use or are there better ones. I dint want to go miles and miles but at the moment I'm lucky to get 800ft which is disappointing considering I can easily still see it. It would be nice to fly over some woods nearby which are probably about 1100ft away.
    Any suggestions would be grateful.

2. Pull_Up

If I was cruel I'd say walk 300ft closer to the woods... ;)

3. smatty2023

Yes I was waiting for comments!!!. I live in between a couple of row of houses so it would be nice to be able to fly it from home over to the woods and see where I am going . Not too much to ask.....or is it!!.

4. Pull_Up

Well if you are having houses and trees in between you and the aircraft then I think fitting anything is going to be compromised by all the clutter.

Have you tried the range in an open area with your mod?

5. smatty2023

Yes I have tried it in open fields pretty much with the same results, to be honest with the weather as it has been over the recent weeks the wind has been just to strong to try it properly. I was just wondering if anyone had done a mod that could 100% say that it improved distance etc.

6. gbshovel

You should be able to take it to the woods just go higher. With your setup go somewhere without visual obstacles and I bet you pretty much double your distance.