wifi extender

AnselA....Great item...Just ordered one. This sure will be extremely useful in knowing exactly what it going on..charge or not, voltage checking..and current flow into the device. Thanks for the link...

Ok - 13 hrs with the 2 amp charger and no joy (or lights).
I can't understand what could have happened...
Guess I am calling DJI tomm morning, sigh

Have you opened the extender and checked the battery voltage? If I recall correctly the extender uses a lithium battery. When a lithium battery becomes too depleted, it will not accept a normal charge. The battery appears dead or missing to the charging circuit. I don't know the voltage of the extender's battery, but often times you can "jump start" a severely depleted lithium battery by connecting a fresh battery of the same, or slightly higher, voltage, in parallel, across the depleted battery terminals. This ignores the charging circuitry and force feeds a charge into the battery. Once the voltage comes up, then the battery can be connected to the normal charger.

With the extender being brand new, I couldn't get it open without "marring" the case -- so no, I didn't open it up.

Here's mine charging:

Attachments

• extender_charging.jpg
    extender_charging.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 378
I have the same problem, my wifi extender do not charge, try adapter Iphone, Ipad, USB on pc and nothing works.
very sad, only works with the original charge that came from the factory.
And that was the end.

Yes
Still no contact DJI,
this Friday is when I had time to get it out of the box

I have tried 3 different cables along with 3 different chargers in all configurations - I have come to the conclusion there is something wrong with the charging circuit in the wifi extender. Will talk to DJI tomm.
I have already sent an email to tech support asking for an RMA.

Hi, I'm new here and just got my P2v+ last week. Like you my wifi extender would not show a light when plugged in to charge. I wiggled the cord with it plugged in (at the extender end) and got it to flash the light. I was able by rather forcefully pushing sideways on the cord plug to get it to charge but something is apparently wrong in the wifi socket. I didn't try a different cord but as you did I guess it must definitely be a problem with the connector socket inside the extender.

One last thing, have you tried a different AC outlet? Is there any possibility a GCFI has tripped? Just a long shot….

jdubuke said:
Ok - 13 hrs with the 2 amp charger and no joy (or lights).
I can't understand what could have happened...
Guess I am calling DJI tomm morning, sigh

I have the same problem
but I cant communicate with DJI (do not answer emails or phone)
any luck with them?

after waiting on hold for over an hour yesterday, i was able to convince them the extender was defective out of the box, and they gave me an RMA.
not at all happy with how they handle RMA's, but at this point i will take it.
they ship parts out on FRIDAY - thats it - no other day. So, if they get my extender on fri, and it doesnt make it through their processing in time, then my replacement will not ship until NEXT FRIDAY. they will not take advance replacement with credit card either.
so i sent it 2-day and they should have it on Thu, and they should ship on Fri, so i should get it mid next week.

my wifi extender was on warranty claim on day one, on the very first charge. in off position, the right LED will have a continuous red light up. from the manual, red means battery is bad. Yes, I do notice that the socket to charge the extender is flimsy weak. its on warranty claim anyway. i expect it to arrive minimum 1 month. Mean time, I just fly low taking video the best possible of my boys in the play park. My LHS is trying to loan me one Extender as temporary, if it can bind with my V+. i think he is going to get an extender from his old stock of vision. I am on my 5 or 6th flight to date with the P2V+

At the moment, my P2V+ is grounded till I install an add-on GPS tracker. The TK-102 GPS Tracker should arrive in a day or two.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl