Wide landing gear

Reaction score
Installed wide landing gear today , cant say I noticed much of a difference left side still gets in the shot , actually seems worse now when the camera is pointed straight down. Anyone else with this setup chime in and let me know how it worked for you.......

Attachments

• P2 wide landing gear.JPG
    P2 wide landing gear.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 612
Nice , how was the install on that , did it affect flight times....

Ok this work for me: i film at 1440p and in the edition part i crop the video and looks like 1080p try it maybe works for u guys....thx....

Nice , how was the install on that , did it affect flight times....
Install was actually quite easy. Absolutely love how it works. Just need to cycle S2 2x and the gear open. Cycle S1 1x and they close. I haven't noticed a big difference. I can usually go about 15 min to about 25% on the battery.

That's awesome and it looks like a quality setup

I was just wondering since you use the course CL/HL switch to operate the landing gear can Naza M mode still be used and operated with the landing gear.

Yes is can. You lose no functions when installing these. The course lock and home lock still work like a charm. My P2 is in Naza mode.

Wow that's awesome , sounds like the ultimate solution........

I installed a set of wide landing gear I got on eBay. They were like $4. They don't seem super rigid but they do hold the GoPro off the ground which is good enough. I had no problems moving the compass down where it's on a vertical part of the leg. Didn't notice problems with the camera getting legs in the shot.

One thing, my hard case that holds the P2 and everything now no longer works because it doesn't fit. Might not be a problem for some, but it should have been obvious to me. Ordered another pair of standard legs for $4 shipped.

I installed a set of wide landing gear I got on eBay. They were like $4. They don't seem super rigid but they do hold the GoPro off the ground which is good enough. I had no problems moving the compass down where it's on a vertical part of the leg. Didn't notice problems with the camera getting legs in the shot.

The landing gear and props will be visible when shooting in either ultra wide or medium with a GoPro 3+ blk/4 blk. So you you only have two choices shot in narrow or change the stock lens. If your worried about ground clearance which you should be then get snap on extensions for the landing gear.
DJI Phantom 2, Vision, Vision + Snap-on 30 MM Riser for landing gear.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/JL...-1-wide?li=search-results-3&optionId=56486242

Reactions: GallowayPhantom
I mostly video in 1080 wide but I solved the landing gear in the shot problem , bought an Inspire 1 :)

Yes I know but this stuff is like a drug , highly addictive :)

Attachments

• Inspire 1 setup.jpg
    Inspire 1 setup.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 421
  • P2 and Inspire 1.JPG
    P2 and Inspire 1.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 463
Reactions: pomonabill220
Both cases were from egrandmart an ebay store , really nice quality and fits everything perfectly...

As soon as I get time, maybe next week, I'm going to print these ones out:

DJI Landing Gear

I think they should work out fine, and much cheaper than an Inspire! lol... ;)

So I printed these and used them a few days ago.... and for some reason my Phantom leaned backwards on takeoff and the rear rotors hit the ground... happened when taking off in grass, which I've done before... brought it to hard dirt, tilted a bit, then took off. Needless to say I took them off right away when I was done flying. Maybe it made my Phantom off-balance??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing