Wi-Fi fail issues?

Reaction score
So the same thing has happened multiple times to me and want to know what you think it might be. I fly for five or 10 minutes fine and then my Wi-Fi and all my icons on my iPhone go gray and the phantom to vision loses control and drops rapidly landing very hard and breaks everything. What do you think?

I don't think your issue is wi-fi!
As your cameras wi-fi is only for 2.4Ghz FPV.
If your BIRD, is losing control, that tells me you have a signal issue ( 5.8Ghz ), battery problem, something shorting out, or firmware issues?

My bet power failure! I would start traveling down those avenues first!

I would start with VISUAL INSPECTION, check ALL external connections, for anything unplugged, loose, damage, ect. Then OPEN BIRD, inspect ALL internal connections, or any damaged parts, check all solder joints, ect. Also clean your battery connections and ports, especially the DATA PINS, on battery and bird! Lastly check your battery ( pin bird down ( with weights or other ) run bird full bore ( props on ), and let it sit there and run, this will put the battery under a load, see what happens, also you could try this without the camera hooked up, to see if problem persists! )
Pinning it down will insure you don't wreck it anymore, while you track down the problem! Good luck!
( I use three 2 pound dive weights on each leg, they look like bean bags )
Works beautifully!

Let us know!

Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you so much for your lengthy response, I will try your suggestions. What about the fact that my icons are going gray on the vision app before the bird loses power? It doesn't lose all its power, it just falls too fast, with no control.

Everything is powered from the craft,
So if craft loses power, so does camera, and wifi! Wifi has nothing to do with controlling the craft, only links your camera to your smart device!
In other words if wifi was to go out completely, your craft will still fly, same as if you removed the camera completely, you can still fly! So this tells me you have a bigger problem!
I had a battery that went bad, not fully bad, but at 100% charge I'd lift off, within 30 seconds or so, the craft would go all red flashing, warning buzzer going off, and craft would land, I had little control during the event! But yours sounds like it's coming down hard and fast, mine had a decent descent, kinda quick, but not crazy? If all else fails, try reinstalling your firmware, on Tx, and bird, also make sure you have fresh batteries in your Tx, after update, calibrate Tx through RC ASSISTANT, then hook bird to PC ASSISTANT, calibrate Tx there as well, do an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION ( make sure bird is STABLE and LEVEL during this part, then go out do a fresh compass calibration! Something might be out of whack?
( also have you crashed? )
You might want to check your GPS unit, to see if the CERAMIC antenna is cracked, this can cause loss of GPS signal, causing craft to go stupid! I would just scrutinize EVERYTHING!

Keep us posted!
Jerry
J Dot
Take Care, Fly Safe!

Reactions: dirkclod
You bet,
Same to you, have a great rest of your weekend! And best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

Jerry

Ok. So I finally got a chance to do all the suggestions you said. Cleaned batt points on battery and bird. Re calibrated everything and reinstalled all updates on every thing.
Took it out and just flew low. Worked perfectly till battery got down to about 40%. Started not holding position. Would sink when forward or backward or yaw. At 35 % dropped like what I had explained before. Lost iPhone icons and said lost connection.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444519223.700835.jpg

What do you think?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl