Why the Videos are bit Shaky?

Reaction score
I'm using DJI Phantom Quadcopter since a month ago. And I'm using a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver camera. But the videos that I'm shooting from this copter n camera, are bit shakey and have some bit of distotion on video like a wave. I'm using the Gopro setting 1080 with 60 frames per second. But I don't have a anti vibration(the mount with 4 rubber balls) mount for the gopro. So, I suspect this is because of it. So, could anyone please help me sort this out. What do you think guys?

- Is this shake on videos because, I don't have any anti-vibration mount on camera?
- Is it essential to have the anti vibration mount to take steady Videos with phantom?
- Is it the camera frame rate, that I'm shooting, cause for this?

Please, share your knowledge with me

Try putting your GoPro in its waterproof case and attaching that to the Phantom.
I found that footage was far less prone to vibration than using the mount supplied with the Phantom

Thank you very much guys, for you comments, really appreciate them. Yes I'm using the gopro with its waterproof housing. And I have already ordered a anti vibration mount also. We'll see how it works, when I get it. And also do you have any idea, if I use a frame rate with more frames per second (720p with 120 fps), will this fix the jello problem at least a bit?

I had the same issue with GoPro 3+ Black. The worst was the Jello effect (waves in the video). But as I started looking more closely to my videos I also noticed that there was a lot of issues that were related to vibrations that came out of the Phantom. The videos werent too sharp as vibrations caused blurring etc.

I've seen people to solve this problem by balancing the props etc...

I solved the problem by buying an anti-vibration mount http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-Qua ... 3a7f979cb4

Here's footage that I've shot with the VGE mount: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5HAuRfC1GU

Thanks guys, Now I have a better idea. I'll try balancing props. I think Miika had the same issue that I'm having now. It looks like you have sorted it out. I'll try it, I hope I can get a good result then. Thanks again for your help guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl