Why is this not a blatant & public violation of NOTAM 0/8326

Re: Why is this not a blatant & public violation of NOTAM 0/

Suwaneeguy said:
Well buzz, I just may do that. I always get a kick out of the videos on youtube I see where the Federal Reserve Bank police come out and tell people it is illegal "to film a federal building".If it is, why hasn't anyone been charged with the crime?
Because there have already been two court rulings AGAINST the FAA. that would weigh heavily in the decision of a case where an RCMA operator flies in a NOTAM FRZ area.
Take a look in youtube and you will find dozens of videos taken on the Las Vegas strip.
Now look at a map and you will find a major airport within a mile of it.
So why aren't these pilots being charged with having committed a crime?
DSLR pros has one out and they even slap their name on the video.

I posted the address (300 south 10th St. Seatac, WA) the other day of a local flying club that is literally 3 blocks from SeaTac airport. Pull it up on Google maps and you can see how close they are to each other. The park is restricted to electric only, 2 lb or less, and less than 60 mph. I suppose that is how they can fly in this city sanctioned fly field next to the airport. I've flown my small park flyer fixed wings there and it is a bit disconcerting to have a jumbo jet roar into view just to the west of me at about the same height as my little Sports Cub!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl