Why are they charging me...?

Reaction score
I sent my P3S into DJI (Culver City, CA) for some warranty work. The problem was a Gimbal Motor Overload.

I just got an email invoice from them that says, "Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days." Under remarks it says, "Warranty per flight data analysis."

The invoice goes on with the list of parts and the labor hours charged, and totals it out to $175.

There is no discount or anything to indicate they're waiving the money.

So, since i sent the P3S in for warrantee repair, and since they (after their investigation) consider this a warrantee repair, and since I'm within the warrantee period... Why are they asking md for $175...

I'll be calling them in a few hours (they open at 9 AM - pacific time), so I have to wait for a little under 3 hours to call. I'm writing this to get the forum's input so i can better understand their policies and make a better argument.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have never dealt with them, but it sounds like they are just seeing if anything sticks to the wall.

Why don't you wait and see if they ship it before you have paid the "Bill"?

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
Does your invoice say in any kind of words such as Amount Due, You Owe, Total Due, ETC...? If not, It could just be a formality and showing you what the parts and service would cost you. The wording you said was on the invoice seems to be this is the case.

Does your invoice say in any kind of words such as Amount Due, You Owe, Total Due, ETC...? If not, It could just be a formality and showing you what the parts and service would cost you. The wording you said was on the invoice seems to be this is the case.
Here's the full invoice...

Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Customer: Thomas Shelton
Case No: CAS-451932-J9X8Y7
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 03-01-17
Remarks: Warranty per flight data analysis.

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Phantom 3 aircraft bottom cover component 1 6.00 6.00
Phantom 3 gimbal pitch motor driver board 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 Standard Roll Motor 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 standard pitch-axis flexible flat cable cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom 3 standard pitch-axis rear cover 1 2.00 2.00
Phantom 3 standard roll-axis bracket 1 3.00 3.00
Phantom 3 Pitch Motor 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 standard roll-axis cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom 3 gimbal roll motor driver board 1 8.00 8.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 175.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 0.00

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

I would give it a few days and see what happens. It looks like the repair will be covered under warranty and that the invoice is just showing the charge to warranty. If they were going to be charging you, they would have asked for your authorization first.

My guess is that in a few days you will be getting another email saying the repairs have been completed and giving you the tracking number for the return shipping.

Here's the full invoice...

Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Customer: Thomas Shelton
Case No: CAS-451932-J9X8Y7
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 03-01-17
Remarks: Warranty per flight data analysis.

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Phantom 3 aircraft bottom cover component 1 6.00 6.00
Phantom 3 gimbal pitch motor driver board 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 Standard Roll Motor 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 standard pitch-axis flexible flat cable cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom 3 standard pitch-axis rear cover 1 2.00 2.00
Phantom 3 standard roll-axis bracket 1 3.00 3.00
Phantom 3 Pitch Motor 1 8.00 8.00
Phantom 3 standard roll-axis cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom 3 gimbal roll motor driver board 1 8.00 8.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 175.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 0.00

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

It is showing as "Free Of Charge" Mar/01/2017 00:31:02 .

I've had two repairs done under warranty. They email you an invoice as if you are paying for it but you won't be charged. It is confusing but you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The invoice is probably generated like that to make sure their inventory is kept up to date. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To close out this discussion. I received my P3S back from DJI today. Repaired under warrantee at no charge. Didn't get a chance to fly, but did a No-Fly check out on my kitchen table and everything seems great. I didn't get my micro sd card back, but no problem as I had put in the original card and had upgraded it to a 32M card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl